About the role
The Maintenance Assistant will support and assist the Maintenance Coordinator in maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for the residents and ensuring the smooth running of its facilities. This involves contractor liaison and maintenance compliance tasks as directed. These systems include but are not exclusive to: plumbing, HVAC, electrical, resident emergency systems, equipment repairs and interior/exterior finishes. The Maintenance Assistant will also support in covering all emergencies relating to the fabric of the home or systems contained within the building.
The Maintenance Assistant will also support in ensuring rooms are prepared for new residents, including maintenance and painting and assisting with move- ins/move-outs.
- Have a good understanding of basic building/maintenance trades
- Possesses a background knowledge of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical and fire safety systems
- Be able to communicate both written and verbal communication using the English language
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
What we will give you
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business.
We continue to reward our staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
Step inside a Sunrise Community and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Sunrise Senior Living delivers resident-centred care services to well over 2,000 residents in the UK. The Sunrise philosophy is founded on encouraging independence, preserving dignity, enabling freedom of choice and protecting the privacy of each resident. This approach reflects the company’s mission, which has remained unchanged since the business was founded in 1981: “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.