- Obtain brief prior to each survey to ensure correct and complete survey results are obtained in line with client specifications;
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of land survey data on-site, along with appropriate software packages to produce required client outputs or data to be added to other schemes;
- Employ associated industry guidelines and client specifications;
- Lead and work effectively with Assistant Surveyors;
- Work with other surveyors to provide the survey reports to the required standard, format and output, within the required timescales;
- Maintain effective communication between clients, main contractors and supply chain;
- Produce and maintain reports, spreadsheets and databases where necessary to facilitate the above tasks;
- Follow Risk Assessment and Method Statements. Follow Health and Safety reporting guidelines;
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to whilst on site – such as: Health & Safety, NRSWA, CDM etc;
- Participate in ‘lessons learned’ and contribute to the improvement of processes;
- Participate or lead in the development of equipment, methods or software;
- Maintain equipment and vehicles as required to ensure they are always available;
- You may also be required to undertake duties within other areas of the company as and when required.
- Minimum of 2 years of land surveying or relevant experience;
- Minimum of 5 levels 2 qualifications e.g. GCSE’s including Maths & English;
- Experience in delivering PAS128 surveys;
- Experience in using high definition laser scanners;
- Experience in setting out works;
- Experience using AutoCAD, N4CE, and Cyclone;
- Conversant in the use of surveying equipment (GPS, Total Station, Leveler);
- Good IT skills including competency in the Microsoft Office software suite;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize work accordingly;
- Forensic attention to detail;
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Good organizational skills;
- UK driving license.
- Suitable level 6 qualification e.g. degree within the related field;
- Experience of land surveying in the utilities and construction;
- CSCS Card;
- NRSWA Certified.
Catsurveys Ltd is an award winning, multi-disciplined company specialising in underground utility detection and feasibility design. We offer intelligent surveying and consultancy services to the infrastructure industry. We are dedicated to providing innovative solutions for our clients’ projects that can’t be found anywhere else.