Graduate Design Engineer
Graduate Design Engineer
Omexom is a brand through which VINCI Energies undertakes its Transmission & Distribution activities. Omexom specialise in the design, supply, installation (construction), maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland. We are currently recruiting Graduate Design Engineers for our Transmission Business Unit.
The objective of our Graduate Design Engineer role is to launch you on a fast track to career success as a Design Engineer.
You will be part of a collaborative and innovative team in a culture that thrives on teamwork and innovation. As a Graduate Design Engineer, your training and development programme will include:
- challenging assignments
- robust learning and development
- a supportive network of other Graduates and experienced Designers
- competitive salary and benefits package
- experience working on a wide variety of major projects
- a dedicated mentor who will help you on your career journey
Based from our Croydon office, the overall purpose of the role is to support the design team, during both tender and implementation stages of projects, with a wide range of transmission overhead line design activities.
Being a high performing individual, the Graduate Design Engineer will be expected to deliver a wide range of design tasks with the following key Skills and Responsibilities.
- Ability to take responsibility for all design elements of new build and refurbishment projects for overhead transmission lines in the UK.
- Have a high attention to detail with a methodical approach using your initiative to independently solve problem whilst working as a key team member.
- Preferably have BSc/BEng in Structural or Civil Engineering Degree, with any previous design or site experience being an added benefit.
- A Member of a relevant Institution and working towards becoming a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- A desire to gain a detailed understanding of the latest OHL design practices, standards and analysis software systems, including PLS CADD, Tower and Pole, 2D and 3D AutoCAD, BS EN 50341, ENA TS’s and Client Standards.
- Ability to deliver high quality work, with a ‘right first time’ approach to meet deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- Production of OHL drawings, including Set drawings, Profiles, Line Schedules.
- Production or modification of PLS Cadd and Tower models.
- Design and detailing of Foundations including Pad and Column and Pile caps and determining the capacity of existing ‘in-situ’ foundations.
- When necessary, representing Omexom UK within the global Omexom engineering network and ‘clubs’ and promoting the Brand throughout the Industry.
- Appreciate the wide VINCI Energies business and the power that can be harnessed working collaboratively with the other Brands and Business Units.
- The review and cascading of current industry standards.
- The Safety, Health and Environmental awareness of all design staff.
- Discharging the responsibilities of the Designer under the CDM regulations.
- Following, promotion and enforcement of company procedures to design staff.
- The review of method statements and risk assessments.
- The development and implementation of new industry software where applicable.
- Design Manager
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
It is essential that the successful candidate is an excellent communicator with all stakeholders (internal and external), a commercially focused self-starter with the enthusiasm, motivation and initiative to succeed in this role. The jobholder must possess:
- 3rd level education in a relevant technical / engineering / business related discipline.
- Proficient in range of design software and MS suite of applications.
- Ability to meet targets in a commercial environment. Able to work to deadlines and can demonstrate previous experience of working under pressure.
- An understanding of financial management and the ability to plan works in a logical and efficient manner.
- Ability to put the customer at the centre of decision making.
- Commitment to the highest safety and quality related standards.
- Full driving licence.
- Keen to develop/grow within the business, taking on additional responsibilities and duties.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work alone.
We’re a team of enthusiastic entrepreneurs continuously seeking to deliver the promises of the digital and energy revolutions. Our culture is reflected in our values which we embody by empowering and bringing together amazing people:
In line with Omexom’s values, the successful applicant should possess the following qualities:
Team Spirit & Generosity – you must be able to work effectively within and contribute to the Omexom team to deliver results, provide support and drive performance.
Trust and Empowerment – you will enjoy managing your responsibilities and time to ensure your work is completely efficiently and professionally.
Integrity and Responsibility – you will enjoy taking responsibility for your duties and managing these effectively to ensure efficient high quality results
Innovation & Entrepreneurship – you will continually strive to improve processes and introduce new initiatives to improve efficiency.
Application deadline: 01/06/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £27,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19