Business Process Systems Analyst
Morrison Telecom Services is focused on designing, building, and maintaining telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecom market. Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We are part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. We deliver a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
Morrison Telecom Services are currently looking to recruit a Business Analyst to support the growing Intelligent Solutions team based out of our offices in Dartford, Stevenage, St Ives (Cambs), Bristol and Glasgow with occasional travel to our other site locations.
The successful Business Process & Systems Analyst will be a member to the Intelligent Solutions (IS) team. The IS team delivers continuous improvement and change management services across Morrison Telecom Services (MTS) and the wider Telecom division within M Group Services including Magdalene and Avonline Networks. The overall objective of the IS team is to improve operational and commercial performance through the optimisation of processes and the intelligent use of appropriate IT systems within this division.
As the Business Analyst will be exposed to all aspects of the business, providing invaluable experience and understanding of how a successful private sector business operates.
The role will be based out of one of our Southern offices (Dartford, Stevenage, St Ives or Bristol) and will be a hybrid role consisting of 2-3 days based in an office and the remainder of the week home working.
The role includes a company car and will require visits to multiple sites across the Division.
We will not be accepting any CV’s from recruitment agencies for this role.
As the Business Analyst you will be reasonable for:
- Identify opportunities to improve service, quality, safety and/or reduce costs by improving existing or adding new processes and systems
- Provide analysis and business support to assist in commercial and operational decision-making
- Process mapping of existing business processes and working with key contract personnel to identify opportunities for improvement
- Project management of system developments and process improvements
- Promote the consistent use and best working practices of systems and processes
- Identify and recommend processes and systems required to meet Company and contractual requirements. Existing solutions used within the business will be thoroughly explored before any new developments are undertaken. Any recommendations will be mindful of best working practice and standardisation
- Work with IT developers, both onshore and offshore, to develop systems and IT solutions.
- Keep the Executive Directors, Contract Directors, Area Ops Managers and other key personnel appraised of project progress and issues
- Obtain buy-in for strategic corporate or cross-area initiatives
- Actively support standardisation and corporate efficiency improvements; share knowledge and experience with colleagues and evangelise the benefits of consistent use of processes and systems
- Attend client meetings to represent the company, where systems and processes are to be discussed
- Where system development is deemed necessary, produce requirement specifications to the agreed format and ensure correct testing and training are completed
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Highly numerate and literate, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- A self-motivated and highly professional team player with a flexible, yet structured approach
- Able to work on own initiative with a logical approach to problem solving
- A self-starter of graduate calibre, preferably with a business related qualifications
- Commercial awareness of current technologies and IT methodologies
- Understanding of database and system design and specification
- Understanding and experience of Cloud-based systems; Experience of Salesforce products and services is desirable
- Understanding and experience of Mobile technologies
- Strong IT skills. Proficient in MS Office applications
- Project management and/or process improvement experience
- Ability to produce “As Is” and “To Be” processes to identify improvements and standardisation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with multiple deadlines
- Ability to produce documentation which is precise and concise in content
- Ability to design and manage an appropriate strategy for communication and information flow within the project environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to, and work with colleagues, clients and suppliers at all different levels of the business hierarchy
- Confident in giving presentations and facilitating workshops to colleagues, clients and suppliers at all different levels of the business hierarchy
Why choose us?
We promise development and reward opportunities for those who have the passion, enthusiasm and work ethic to harness them. Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Access to our staff discount portal
- Enrolment into our pension plan
- Annual bonus
- Group life assurance
As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme we welcome applications from individuals who consider themselves as having a disability or long-term health condition. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to aid your application and recruitment process.
As a bronze award holder under the Armed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme, we are interested to hear from candidates who are currently serving in the military who may wish to transition to a civilian Job. We also welcome applications from Reservists, Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers, ex-forces personnel and military spouses / partners.