Health & Safety Lead (Environment) Thames Water (London)
HEALTH & SAFETY LEAD
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR ENVIRONMENT BUSINESS
Our Environment Business provides ‘source to sea’ asset delivery capability across the UK and Scotland working on both Frameworks and Standalone projects. Since AMP3 we have delivered in excess of £2bn assets for clients such as Yorkshire Water, United Utilities, Anglian Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, Welsh Water and Scottish Water. As an established player in the market this a great opportunity to join the team at a time of transformation as we shape ourselves to be fit for delivery in a future digital world. We have recently secured a plethora of places on the AMP7 Frameworks for Yorkshire Water Complex Civils Framework, Southern Water and Thames Water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure projects ranging from £1-40m over the next five years.
As our Health & Safety Lead you will support the AMP7 Framework with Thames Water delivering health, safety and environmental objectives in line with Galliford Try and client requirements.
- Promote a HSE culture which is consistent with Galliford Try’s Challenging Beliefs and Affecting Behaviours programme and business leadership ambitions.
- Drive a culture of hazard elimination within the design team to help create a knowingly safe and well environment
- Support pre-qualification process of sub-contractors applicable to their project or business scope where necessary via company on-boarding system.
- Provide technical and specialist support to line and site management in the implementation of the HSE Programmes or initiatives.
- Manage a small team of Health, Safety and Sustainability Advisors
- Facilitate the implementation of policies and Standards within the company
- Monitor site compliance with statutory HSE responsibilities and the business management system with regards to HSE and client expectations.
- Assist in development and implementation of key road maps or improvement plans.
- Oversees and support the team in conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and recommendations to prevent reoccurrence, Reports to project management teams on a regular basis and attends meetings as required for and on behalf of the project team.
- Support, escalate and report any H&S concerns to the Regional / Business HS&E Manager.
- Collaborates with design engineering and delivery teams on all Health, safety and environmental matters that may affect the project.
- Establish effective communication with Thames Water H&S Team and managers.
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have experience performing a similar role within a multi-disciplined, engineering project environment then I would be interested in speaking with you. Exposure in non-infrastructure water projects would be beneficial but not essential. You will need NEBOSH General certificate, CMIOSH (or working towards) backed up with experience of behavioural safety programmes. If this sounds like you be sure to get in touch.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a great salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Health & Safety Lead role or to enquire about other positions available within our environment business please contact Donna Apperley [email protected]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community