Project Manager (Environment) Thames (London)
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR ENVIRONMENT BUSINESS
Our Environment Business provides ‘source to sea’ asset delivery capability across the UK and Scotland working on both Frameworks and Standalone projects. Since AMP3 we have delivered in excess of £2bn assets for clients such as Yorkshire Water, United Utilities, Anglian Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, Welsh Water and Scottish Water. As an established player in the market this a great opportunity to join the team at a time of transformation as we shape ourselves to be fit for delivery in a future digital world. We have recently secured a plethora of places on the AMP7 Frameworks for Yorkshire Water Complex Civils Framework, Southern Water and Thames Water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure projects ranging from £1-40m over the next five years.
As Senior Project Manager you will lead and deliver large complex projects (up to £40m in value) with responsibility for developing the delivery strategy progressing the project through engineering, procurement and construction phases to final handover. You’ll showcase your strong project management capability to maximise the safe and efficient delivery of the work as well as proactively manage interfaces with stakeholders, accurately reporting and communicating on key issues, progress, risk and opportunities.
- The develop, plan, control, coordinate and execute the project exceeding the project parameters by proactively monitoring and analysing performance at tranche and project level.
- Lead, organise, direct and manage the project team and supporting staff
- Identify resource requirements and support requirements, liaising with business unit managers
- Ensure the health, safety and environment performance of all operations under your control is managed to the highest standards and that appropriate action is taken whenever operations fail to meet legal or the Company’s health and safety standards
- Developing the delivery strategy to meet the project KPI’s
- Ensure adherence to the Asset Lifecycle Process (ALP), managing stages as required
- Ensure project/tranche governance is managed professionally
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified, managed, contingency plans put in place and reported
- Ensure accurate records are kept and stored in line with the company requirements
- Ensure that the project(s) meet the quality KPI’s and that corrective management is effectively applied where appropriate
- Stakeholder management and communication including the supply chain
- Monitor project(s) performance and providing reports that effectively communicate the status of progress, performance against budget, key issues and mitigations, forecasting the future position and quality KPI’s
- Ensuring the project(s) are delivered to the BMS processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to ensure efficiency targets are met.
- Manage, reduce, and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Work with Client team members to jointly meet the project KPI’s and jointly agree project performance reports
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering multidisciplinary projects within the water industry then get in touch as I want to hear from you. Obviously you’ll have the usual good stuff such as civil engineering qualifications and extensive project management capabilities but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to lead, inspire and manage our teams to strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a great salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Project Manager role or to enquire about other positions available within our environment business please contact Donna Apperley [email protected]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.