Line manager’s job:
Mon to Fri 9am-6pm, but must be flexible to cover times of global markets
up to £40,000
London or Manchester
Travel to all main SBC events in Europe and US, as well as representing SBC at other industry events.
ABOUT SPORTS BETTING COMMUNITY (SBC)
SBC is a global events, media and advisory business that works with industry leaders and decision makers to develop and grow the sports, betting and gaming industries.
SBC EVENTS organise industry-leading live events for a worldwide senior executive audience with a focus on sports betting and iGaming.
SBC DIGITAL organises specialised virtual events for the sports betting and gaming industry, focused on specific regions and industry segments, providing access to emerging and established local gambling markets, high-quality conference & networking sessions, and innovative supplier-based product showcases, without the need for travel.
SBC MEDIA publishes more than 100 stories daily across nine industry-leading news websites with a focus on sports, betting and gaming news: sbcnews.co.uk, sbcamericas.com, sbcnoticias.com, casinobeats.com, slotbeats.com, gamblingtv.com, lotterydaily.com, paymentexpert.com, and insidersport.com, , as well as SBC Leaders Magazine.
SBC LEADERS is an invitation-only membership of the industry’s most influential operators formed with a goal to bring the industry’s best together in order to share ideas, collaborate on major issues, push innovation, and elevate the overall image of our industry through the promotion of its achievements.
SBC is part of the Sport Global group of companies. Headquartered in London, we are an international team of professionals represented across the US, Europe and South America
With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
With the continuing growth in the number, size and complexity of Awards organized by SBC, we are creating a new position as Awards Manager to be responsible for the management of the series of Awards organised by SBC.
The continued success of the SBC Awards has seen the event grow into one of the most highly anticipated nights of the year. To build on its achievements as the most sought after awards in the industry we have expanded the SBC Awards from one ceremony a year to four. Now taking in Europe, North America and Latin America along with the launch of the Game Developer Awards they are set to be an integral part of our events.
Working with the Events Director, the role includes full responsibility for event planning, delivery and budget management.
As a professional in the events industry, you should have an excellent understanding of the elements that contribute to a successful event.
Your awareness, knowledge and insight of the latest event trends and innovations will be critical to success, alongside your recommendations on how these factors could impact or improve the execution and client satisfaction with SBC’s Awards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Organising categories and producing detailed event plans for each of the Awards, working closely with the management team on the ‘look and feel’ of the event
- Liaison with the marketing team to develop Awards websites and ensuring the marketing plan is executed
- Creating sponsorship and table packages for sales team and ensuring sponsorship fulfillment of all sold sponsorship packages
- Confirming judges and the judging process
- Organising Awards host and scripts
- Managing venues, suppliers and contractors including sourcing new partners
- Managing signage, AV and other technical suppliers
- Sourcing and delivering sponsor benefits: including branding, gifts and activations
- Ensuring event budget is managed and tracked
- Designing and managing events layout and table plans
- Working with Design team to ensure all promotional materials, design assets and venue branding is delivered; this includes design briefs for invites, award show presentation and show stage
- Managing table booking, plans and dietary requirements
- Working with caterers to create the best dining menus and ensuring the high quality delivery at the ceremonies
- Ordering of all furniture and equipment needed on site
- Managing Awards suppliers and organising trophies
- Sourcing and securing Awards after party venues
- Consideration of health, safety and environmental issues and decisions
- Post Awards evaluation and development
- Methodical filing and record keeping, arranging meetings, keeping minutes and follow up correspondence
- Ensuring that the Awards run smoothly, professionally and come in on budget
- Maintaining good levels of communication between sponsors, contractors, the team and the venue management
- Be prepared to assist with other events in the portfolio when required
You must have:
- Experience in the conference, exhibition industry, awards or with a background in live events
- Proven account management or other relevant experience; demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- In depth supplier management experience, delivering consistently and on budget
- Strong social and communication skills; with the ability to deal with a broad range of stakeholders and work as part of a team
- Proven effectiveness in contract negotiations and cost optimisation from keys suppliers
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to manage multiple timelines, deadlines, actions in a collaborative extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm in busy and stressful environments
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working in or understanding of the B2B events and/or media serving the gaming sector
- Experience with Google Drive and CRM systems
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Qualification in project management
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun and stimulating working environment
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and events comp