Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Role: Category Buyer
Employment Type: 6 Month FTC
Location: London (Our London HQ is the primary location for this role however we are open to remote working as well as working at our Fulfilment Centre in Spalding)
We are looking for a Category Buyer to join us on a 6 month FTC to help us land key Commercial projects in our busiest year so far. Over the next 9 months we’ll be launching 2 additional fulfilment centres which require supplier engagement & planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer, product and supply chain; so you can source high quality ingredients at the best price
- Execute the category strategy alongside the Category Lead
- Ensure we have the latest insight into product quality and availability, allowing us to plan ahead
- Regularly visit our suppliers and conduct performance reviews
- Using your analytical skills build an understanding of true ‘cost to serve’ for each ingredient within your category
- Monitor supplier and new ingredient performance post launch to ensure we hit agreed targets and internal SLAs
- Build robust supply contingency plans with our suppliers, championing the Gousto customer & future growth
- Own cost price management, negotiating agreements that deliver our financial plan
- Assess supplier proposals against a balanced scorecard
- Work closely with Technical, Operations and Planning to ensure our ingredients arrive with the customer in optimal condition
- Where appropriate, own with Food proposition a sourcing calendar to maximise seasonal benefits, provenance and cost
- Continually evaluate customer communications with the Customer Care and Food development team to refine and optimise the ingredient catalogue
Who you are:
- Experience in food sourcing preferably ambient/grocery ingredients
- Delivered commercial results with outstanding quality
- A passion for interesting challenges and a desire to imagine and deliver a better way
- The ability to work efficiently, effectively and to drive change collaboratively
- Obsessed with Quality
- Deep commercial acumen
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration / stakeholder management skills
- Calm and considered when handling any issues
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension (after 3 months)
- Quarterly team socials
- Aviva GP and Aviva Wellbeing Aps
- Lifeworks (Employee Assistance Programme)
- ClassPass (from day 1)
One of our core values at Gousto is Care, and it applies to every aspect of life at Gousto. From fair wages, working hours and freedom of association, to equal opportunities for growth and development within the company, we are committed to ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
Just as we see variety as central to our menu, we see diversity and inclusion as central to our organisation. We work together as one team, combining our strengths and our differences to achieve our dreams. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination in the workplace – at Gousto, everyone’s welcome.