Jewson Assistant Branch Manager
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you are ambitious and enjoy a busy role that includes increasing sales, supervising a team and improving day to day operational activity across a busy branch, this Assistant Branch Manager role could be a great opportunity for you.
This Assistant Branch Manager role is working in our Jewson Branch in Highgate. This branch offers customers a wide range of both specialist and general building and construction materials. Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 branches. This is an ideal position for someone wanting to take their first step into management.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Assistant Branch Manager position is key to the performance of the branch. It requires someone who can supervise a team of engaged colleagues to continually improve the customer experience and branch performance.
Key day to day duties include:
- Ensuring all branch activity is centred around the customer and ensuring they have the best possible experience
- Supervision of a team of colleagues – acting as the ‘eyes and ears’ for the Branch Manager
- Supporting the Branch Manager in the execution of the Sales plan for the branch
- Ensuring the safe and efficient management of daily operations
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
- A customer-focused approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationship with customers and suppliers
- Supervision of colleagues – the ability to engage colleagues to help achieve the branch goals whilst ensuring all health and safety standards are upheld
- Strong administration and organisational ability to ensure daily operations are carried out safely and efficiently
- The drive and ambition to want to progress further within the branch management structure
In return we offer an attractive package including a competitive salary and benefits including an annual bonus, pension and a staff discount scheme
Please note that product and system training can be provided where applicants may lack this knowledge. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.