Associate Development Director
We currently have an opportunity for an Associate Development Director to join our Partnerships team to identify and secure short/medium/long term interests in land and property for Wates Partnerships, with the aim of creating land-led package deals, maximising returns on the capital and profitability in line with the Business Plan.
This role is critical to the performance of the Partnerships division, providing leadership, direction, support and coaching to team members, whilst having the support to make day-to-day decisions to meet business objectives.
Reporting into the Wates Partnership’s Director, you will be responsible for the securing of agreeable terms and details of contracts to create the opportunity of a high-level profit pipeline across land and build contracts.
Some of the Key Accountabilities will include:
- Under the direction of the Partnerships Director and in coordination with the delivery units’ project targets (size / scope / geographic reach), seek to maximise opportunities across the pipeline to meet stated objectives annually.
- Support the performance and development of skills within the Partnership’s team.
- Maintain strong client, consultant and land agency contacts throughout the sector / long term trusted relationships and position of influence sought. Work in co-operation with the Partnerships Director and wider team to ensure good and efficient market coverage.
- identifying quality potential sites, taking multi-layered considerations into account around the site, technical aspects, market and landowner as well as planning credentials.
- Agree principal terms of land and build contracts and consider key potential impact on profit pipeline, quality and business control of land.
We are looking for a degree qualified who has a detailed knowledge of land, land law, planning, development, development technical / services, valuation, housing markets, negotiations and contracts.
To be successful in this role you will be a key influencer who can represent Wates externally in the wider land and residential client / consultant market whilst providing a positive engagement to the wider Wates Partnership team and Senior Directors on all matters pertaining to land, build and relevant business issues.
A bit about us:
Being a family owned business means we understand and value long term relationships. We are community minded and our work is guided by inspiring better ways of creating the places, communities and businesses of tomorrow.
It’s our people who make Wates successful. We will only achieve our strategic objectives if we recruit and retain the best people and operate in an environment underpinned by inclusivity, diversity and opportunity.
We offer industry-leading family friendly and flexible working opportunities that reflect the changing expectations of talent and enable you to manage personal and professional commitments as part of a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, offering equal opportunities, we are proud to have been recognised through our Investors in People Gold accreditation and our Disability Confident Committed certification.
So, if you’d like to work for an inclusive organisation which invests in you and your continued career development, and you’re looking for your next challenge, we’d like to hear from you.
(Please note that candidates represented by Agencies will not be considered at this time.)