Hablo is a travel tech startup that's launching a global online platform that connects people within the Travel Industry. We may be small for now, but we are ambitious with our goals for growth, and people that are with us at the beginning will be well rewarded for their commitment.
We strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration. We encourage independent decision-making by employees, share ideas and information openly between teams, are eager learners, and aim to create a productive and fun environment to work in.
Hablo is a new online platform that connects people within the Travel Industry, and we are looking for a full stack developer to join our exciting start-up.
You will join our existing 2 contractors to finish building the first iteration of our online platform, and then from September, will take over and stay on as our lead in-house developer.
We're looking for someone to:
- Work closely with our two existing short-term contract developers to speed up the development and launch of our online platform to clients that are already waiting to sign up.
- Take over the full reigns from our short term contractors, and become solely responsible for maintaining our site and building in new features (until we expand the team further).
- Develop a light mobile app that offers some core elements of our existing online platform.
- 4+ years full stack software engineering experience across both front and backend technologies.
- Already an expert in - or willing to quickly get up to speed with - our full stack of programming languages & environments:
- Frontend: React, HTML, CSS & Less.
- Backend: Node.js & NestJS.
- Both: Typescript & ES6.
- Databases: MongoDB & SQL.
- Strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals, in particular with regards to performance, security & scalability.
- A deep care for building quality products with a high attention to detail.
- Experience deploying to a live environment.
- A love for good UI/UX and design is a bonus.
- Ideally, some understanding and experience with Google Cloud Platform (App Engine).
- Like to keep up to date with the latest technologies & industry developments.
- Preferably, some understanding of IT & Networking, to occasionally assist our CTO with IT infrastructure as we grow.
- Can demonstrate top quality applications / websites that you’ve worked on before.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary.
- A pivotal and core role in a fast-growing travel tech start up, with huge potential for growth.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work remotely at least a few days a week*.
- Top quality coffee, tea, drinks, snacks and treats once we move into our trendy new office. Plus team events and happy hours.
- Choice of Macbook or Windows laptop, with allowance for the accessories you need for a productive environment.
- Potential for perks from our travel clients.
- Potential for increased benefits as we grow and establish our modern company culture.
*We have postponed moving into an office due to social distancing measures, so you will need to work from home full time initially. We hope to move into our London Bridge office after September.
There is no formal deadline, however we will begin reviewing resumes quickly and hope to hire someone by mid-late July for a quick start, so apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 - £58,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Discounted or Free Food
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- React: 2 years (Preferred)
- Development: 4 years (Preferred)
- right to legally work in UK, eg citizen or visa (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19