Acting Watches & Jewellery Advertising Director
Vogue is looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated, experienced and enthusiastic sales person to join its busy commercial team.
This role presents the opportunity for an individual to manage our prestigious Watches & Jewellery client category - both in the UK and internationally. This is a pivotal role within the team, and will be essential to the success of British Vogue in this exciting period of growth and evolution.
Applicants will require significant experience in commercial sales - to include both display and bespoke content creation. The successful candidate will be a confident communicator and negotiator and should have a proven track record of working directly with watches & jewellery clients. It is essential that they are proficient in selling across print, online and social channels, and any experience in events will also prove useful as this is an area for development.
In addition to their senior media sales experience, we expect applicants to have an excellent knowledge of the publishing landscape and a sound understanding of the Vogue brand. We are looking for a self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running and is keen to embrace the many facets of this role - whether it be in building and developing relationships with existing commercial partners; approaching new business prospects to sell proactively; liaising with the relevant editorial team members to keep track of coverage; or developing a strategy to ensure continued growth across display and partnerships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced team, on Condé Nast’s flagship brand.
- Managing business relationships with the watches & jewellery client category at a senior level - both in the UK and internationally.
- Seeking out and converting new business opportunities with a view to increasing revenue
- Selling display advertising and partnerships across print, online, social and events – with extensive experience of each
- Representing Vogue at industry events
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- An integral understanding of and experience in advertising sales - to include digital (web, social and video) and print media
- Established network of senior media contacts within the Watches & Jewellery industry
- A passion for Vogue and an interest in the wider luxury market, with a particular focus on the Watches & Jewellery industry
- A lateral and creative thinker, with passion for delivering bespoke concepts to meet a client’s needs
- Highly numerate, with close attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal communication and organisation skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills and a proactive, agile attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently in an extremely busy environment