ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Internal Control and Compliance Coordinator
SummaryInnovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking an Internal Control and Compliance Coordinator who will report to the General Counsel and Brand Compliance Officer based in our central London offices.
Legal and Compliance Department is seeking a confident and proactive Internal Control and Compliance Coordinator, reporting directly to the General Counsel and Brand Compliance Officer.
How you will contribute:
• Overseeing the implementation of Group Compliance policies and raising awareness among staff to facilitate and grow a culture of compliance;
• Managing and delivering on compliance milestones and reporting on compliance work undertaken;
• Carrying out due diligence checks and managing record keeping for the purposes of complying with policies and reporting to Group compliance team;
• Liaising across the brand including the regions to promote understanding and implementation of Group policies;
• Reporting any matters of concern to Brand Compliance Officer and undertaking follow up;
• Supporting local brand compliance officers and liaising with Group compliance team;
• Co-ordinating training programmes for staff;
• Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory developments in the field of compliance and keeping legal and compliance department informed of upcoming changes and potential risks;
• Co-ordinating follow-up recommended by internal controls/audit;
• Assisting CFO/relevant department with process of implementing required control;
• Record keeping and reporting with respect to internal controls and compliance activities;
• Acting as Data Protection Co-ordinator to assist DPO in tracking data processing and compliance and implementing data protection framework at brand level
Your Skills and Experience:
• Regulatory/compliance or audit experience with financial/legal background.
• Proven process manager
• Ability to work independently and with discretion
• Strong attention to detail
• The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of seniority
• Due to the sensitivity of material held by the team, discretion and adherence to security processes are absolute requirements for the role
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.