United Kingdom | London | SE1 9BB | Minerva House 3-5 Montague Close London Bridge
Hours per week:
Type of contract:
We are seeking with immediate effect an experience API & Microservices Development Lead to join the Customer, Colleague & Central Functions domain, located at our London Bridge office.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and as part of that are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join TUI Group IT. As part of our transformation, we are passionately committed to hiring expert professionals in our three main areas of focus; API Development, Big Data and Cloud Services.
We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Luton, Hanover, Porto and Berlin to mention few.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. We have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
What you will be doing
As API & Microservices Development Lead you will be working within a cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers who are responsible for the TUI app. In detail your tasks include:
- Being responsible for the team who delivers microservices for the app, from concept / design /code/ build/ deploy / test, right through to release
- Guide the development and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future integrations
- Collaborate with Architects, Tech Leads, QA, Product Owners and UI Design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps and continue to optimise their performance post release
- Guide the development and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management
- The main responsibilities of the role to ensure development team adherence to programme governance and standards alongside working on development, and to utilise your previous technical expertise to take ownership of the development process, programming and build, systems design / integration; ensuring project fulfilment and success.
- Work closely with the iOS and Android development teams to define integrations which enable us to deliver key new features
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience as an API integration specialist
- Experience in service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Over 5 years of hand on experience in backend Rest API and micro services development using node.js, type script (MUST) and Sprint Boot/Java. We expect you to do 50% time on coding and 50% time on ensuring best practices are nurtured in the team, encouraged, followed and governed.
- Experience leading a team of developers across different locations is preferred
- Very good knowledge in data modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Experience in using AWS cloud services including API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS, CloudFormation and Fargate
- Experience in API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in designing api specs using SWAGGER
- Solid understanding on coding best practices, design patterns of the backend server side api and micro services development and lifecycle
- Nice to have knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Fluent English language skills.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.