United Kingdom | London | SE1 9BB | Minerva House 3-5 Montague Close London Bridge
Hours per week:
Type of contract:
We are seeking with immediate effect an experience API & Microservices Developer to join the Customer, Colleague & Central Functions domain, located at our London Bridge office.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and as part of that are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join TUI Group IT. As part of our transformation, we are passionately committed to hiring expert professionals in our three main areas of focus; API Development, Big Data and Cloud Services.
We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Luton, Hanover, Porto and Berlin to mention few.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. We have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
What you will be doing
As API & Microservices Developer you will be working within a cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers who are responsible for the TUI app. In detail your tasks include:
- Contribute to the development of integration layers for the TUI app
- Collaborate with Testing, Architecture and UI Design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps and continue to optimise their performance post release
- Produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management
- Work closely with the iOS and Android development teams to define integrations which enable us to deliver key new features
What we are looking for
- Experience in Rest API and micro services development, specifically in node.js and type script. Additional Java experience will be a plus.
- Experience in using AWS cloud services including API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS and Fargate
- Good knowledge in data modelling; conceptual, logical and physical schema separation
- Experience in API gateway, preferably AWS API gateway and APIGEE
- Experience in service design (SOA, Microservices, ESB’s)
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full api development for backend development and software development lifecycle
- Experience in writing api specs using SWAGGER
- Good communication skills; experience in working within international and remote teams is a plus
- Fluent English language skills
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.