Assistant Director/Senior Manager – Business Development / Executive Search (Private Equity), London
EY London a month ago
EY’s UK&I Key Executive Programme (KEP) team is responsible for developing strong relationships with key buyers at Board level and C-suite of corporates and introducing them to EY clients (primarily Private Equity clients), and relevant EY teams, to support the generation of new business for EY’s UK&I Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team.
The KEP team is creating a network of C-Suite and Board Advisors that is rich in expertise, sector and deal intelligence that EY can leverage internally and externally. This differentiates EY’s approach to deal origination and business development with Private Equity clients, who increasingly seek insights from, and access to, management solutions on deals, carve-outs and value creation opportunities.
The team has had a successful couple of years, and with growing demand from Private Equity clients for introductions to management, there is a requirement to recruit an Assistant Director (Senior Manager) to the team, who will support the Director with all KEP related activities. We are currently a team of two professionals, but we have ambitious plans to grow, initially in the UK and then across Europe, thereby providing tangible development opportunities. You will be working in a dynamic and diverse environment, alongside EY’s deal origination team, as well as with experienced advisors from across EY’s service lines. Through both formal and on the job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective and trusted advisor to our clients across industries and geographies.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as Assistant Director you will help to build new and maintain existing relationships with CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Chairs and Board Advisors (KEP members) and Private Equity clients. You will engage with Private Equity clients to understand how they differentiate themselves, the type of KEP member profiles they are interested in connecting with and when. You will meet with KEP members to discuss their situation, skill set, sector experience, career objectives and potential deal propositions – becoming a trusted advisor to our KEP members. You will leverage the KEP member network for sector and deal intelligence to support the TAS deal origination team on pursuits and connect KEP members to clients (primarily Private Equity), providing them with access to management solutions and insights on a) deals b) carve outs and c) value creation opportunities. This role will also require you to understand the key business challenges that KEP members currently ‘in role’ face and to identify opportunities to bring the best of EY to our KEP members. In addition, you will support the KEP team by running networking events for KEP members and clients, whilst also coaching and counselling junior team members to succeed in their careers.
Skills and attributes for success
Considerable experience advising Private Equity or Corporates on transactions and / or value creation opportunities (preferably with commercial, strategic or operational due diligence experience) or a proven track record within Executive Search having focused on the Private Equity buyout market.
- Ability to build relationships, recognising the need to adapt communication style and approach to build and maintain effective, sustainable relationships, internally and externally
- Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and sector insight
- Sound commercial judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet'. Ability to identify potential deal opportunities
- Demonstrate interest in the Private Equity industry and value creation levers
- Be a team player – share knowledge and support the career and technical development of other team members
- Be an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- A flexible and positive approach and adapt well to change
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients
- Strong commercial and financial acumen to understand key business and deal drivers
- Business development experience
- Project and team management skills
- Passion to provide high quality service to your clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- One or two European languages would be beneficial (but not essential)
- Counselling or coaching experience (desirable but not essential)
What we look for
You will be someone who has strong interpersonal skills and commercial judgement and who is excited about developing and nurturing relationships with senior stakeholders and seeing the long term benefits of how we can support our clients and their needs. If you are looking for an opportunity to do something a little different and feel you can offer the experience and skills we are looking for, please apply to this fantastic opportunity.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.