Assistant Director (Senior Manager), Financial Services Restructuring
EY London a month ago
EMEIA FSO Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy (TRS)
EY’s EMEIA Financial Services Strategy and Transactions team now comprises over 300 people across a number of territories. As part of this larger team, the EY Financial Services Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy team (“FSO TaRS”) is recognised as a market leading advisor of loan portfolio and resolution planning. The team has advised countless European banks, regulators and governments in connection with crisis and stressed bank restructuring and resolution situations whilst also assisting global private equity firms in their acquisition of distressed portfolios across every major asset class.
Given the success and healthy pipeline of opportunities identified, the FSO TRS team is looking to expand via the hiring of exceptional individuals to lead the delivery of complex client assignments in the field of operational improvement and NPL management, buy-side acquisition and sell-side disposal work. You shall be responsible for providing practical, actionable advice ranging from how to improve the performance of non-performing loans and how to structure a banks organisation, to how the transformation of operations and teams could help to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of NPL management. On the more transactional buy-side and sell-side engagements you shall be responsible for leading the team in all aspects of the assignment including the analysis, project management and presentation of EY work in relation to distressed European portfolios.
Your key responsibilities
The role has, as its focus, advice on the sale and management of NPLs. You should also be able to apply your skills in the context of broader bank transformation such as in the context of a merger, carve-out and the establishment of non core units and bad banks. You will provide operational restructuring advice to clients, understanding and advising them on business strategy and the key business drivers. You will also deliver tangible performance improvements through the implementation of organisational enhancements. In addition, you will:
Be seen as an authority in the field of non-performing loan management through practical experience as well as though publications and marketing efforts.
Lead project teams to plan, prepare and present deliverables in various forms (including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client).
The ability to establish and maintain client relationships: Establish credibility and presence with board level executives and engage with them as a peer to debate operational and strategic issues.
Work closely with and understand the capabilities of EY and specifically Strategy and Transactions and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
In wider team, plays a role in other team initiatives – for example, account management, learning and development, coaching and recruitment.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Demonstratable experience in Banking or in consulting to Banking clients
- A good understanding of project and programme management and a proven track-record in managing teams and leading large-scale change initiatives
- An understanding of NPE deleveraging programmes, collections management and recoveries functions for banks that have experienced high levels of NPLs.
- In depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory factors that influence banks and are driving their deleveraging programmes
- A clear understanding of the drivers of banking performance and experience of banking transformation programmes
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills and able to produce high quality reports.
- A strong academic track record
- The ability to work in diverse teams across geographies
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable the building of credibility and presence with board level executives, and the ability to engage with them as a peer to debate operational and strategic issues
- While the role is London based much of the client activity of FSR is in continental Europe and beyond, as such any candidate must be willing and able to travel extensively in line with project requirements
The following experience or capability would also be advantageous:
- Experience of having developed business through identification through to closing
- Experience of operational change in the context of a transaction
- Structuring and securitisation experience
- Experience of NPL management across multiple asset classes
- Relevant industry relationships at banks and service providers
- Fluency in one or more European languages
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within the Financial Services Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy team.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.