Assistant Sales Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and target driven Assistant Market Manager to support student recruitment from Sub-Saharan Africa. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will contribute to Kaplan’s success by providing industry-leading customer service to our agents and prospective students as well as their parents, guardians or sponsors on study options at our pathway colleges in both the UK and USA and by helping students move from the initial stages of their application journey to enrolment. The successful candidate will be hard-working and have excellent customer service skills and will relish the opportunity to represent and cultivate a high-value, premium brand product. You will have excellent organisational skills and will be a self-starter with a great energy and sales driven attitude.
The role will involve:
Support the team in driving student opportunities to achieve challenging targets for UK and US products in line with UK and US compliance requirements.
- Support the team in promoting KI on an on-going basis to generate new leads in market by working with established key stakeholders.
- Liaising effectively across the Kaplan internal network with partner universities and with key recruitment agents and educational bodies overseas.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are given comprehensive training and have full and complete knowledge of all KI products and selling points.
- Meeting sales, conversion and enrolment targets.
- Working closely with the relevant regional team to meet team goals.
- Documenting all activities and communication with agents and students in Salesforce CRM.
- Support the recruitment and marketing activities in the region and work within budgetary requirements.
- Developing market specific collateral to support sales and recruitment in Africa (liaising with the Marketing department).
- Counselling students who hold a Kaplan offer of study, advising them on course and accommodation options and handling their concerns or objections.
- Using sales techniques, supporting applicants to accept their offer.
Any other activities as required by the Regional Manager.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Background in sales and marketing.
- University education.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to communicate well with range of audiences.
- Goal-driven and results oriented profile.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadline, to meet challenging targets.
- Experience of travelling and willingness to travel independently throughout the region if needed.
- Flexibility with working hours including working over weekends when required
- To be IT literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Also desirable would be:
- Background in international education.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM as a sales tool.
- Study abroad experience/International student graduate.
- Language skill: Portuguese or French.
- Awareness of Student Visa requirements both in the UK and the USA.
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role. Closing date: 30th May 2021
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on [email protected]
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan International Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., offers international students a wide range of flexible study options - from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA and Japan through to full degree programmes in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in student recruitment, our exceptional teaching and a real focus on customer service and pastoral care, each year we are proud to welcome thousands of students from more than 100 countries through the doors of our colleges.
In the UK, we operate 9 campus-based colleges in partnership with Bournemouth University, University of Glasgow, University of Liverpool, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Brighton, University of Essex, University of York and University of West of England, Bristol and an off-campus college in London offering pathways to 7 leading well-ranked UK universities.
Competitive + OT Bonus