Associate Director, Training Instruction
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward. IQVIA has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.
Reimagine healthcare with us
At IQVIA, you will have the opportunity to build your career, while helping our customers drive human health outcomes forward. We dedicate our experience, resources and reputation so that you can drive your career and choose the path that best defines your development and success.
The Technology Solutions division of IQVIA develops, markets, and implements healthcare-focused enterprise software applications to help life sciences customers drive their business from molecule to market. Take a look at our website https://www.iqvia.com/
Associate Director, Training Instruction – London
Training Instruction consists of delivering all live (Instructor Led Training, Virtual Training) training courses to audiences around the world using the course materials developed by our Instructional Design team. As the Training Instruction Manager, you will lead a team of Software Instructors, occasionally instruct courses, and own various initiatives related to your function.
Overview of Team
Our Global training team has a direct impact on our employees, our partners, our customers, and the business by providing product, business process, general technology education, and (limited) skills training for audiences around the globe, such as but not limited to: Software Implementation teams, Help Desk, System Integration Partners, Client End-Users, Administrators and others.
- Lead a team of training instructors tasked with delivering instructor-led classroom training sessions or virtual instructor-led training
- Drive excellence within the team by promoting industry leading practices and by observing assessing performance, reviewing evaluations and feedback and coaching instructors to continually raise the bar on their skill and knowledge level
- Ensure quality by establishing training instruction standards, a quality assurance process and by coaching training instructors to elevate their performance
- Partner with peers on the ITLS leadership team and related functional areas to provide input to training needs and establish and continually improve end-to-end training capabilities
- Lead additional strategic training initiatives at the discretion of the Training Director (e.g. lead the development of a train-the-trainer program globally, or develop an authorized training partner program)
- Work with training development team to partner on ensuring course materials are relevant, meet customer needs, and that instructors are ready to deliver by launch dates
- Work with customers and partners to ensure training ready in the right locations and with right training environments
- Develop and maintain training instruction budgets and schedules
- Become the face of training globally by developing strong relationships with Global Delivery Leaders so that Training Delivery becomes the first POC for all training requests
- Continually improve instructors' skills through observation, evaluations, feedback and coaching.
- Ensure quality of extended IQVIA Certified Trainer network by establishing training instruction standards, a quality assurance process and track performance.
- Set standards for performance, metrics for the departments effectiveness and productivity, create dashboards and regular reports to management and key stakeholders.
- Drive excellence within the function by promoting industry leading practices and continual improvement initiatives.
- Available and instructors are up-to-speed at time of launch.
- Manage and own performance of team for success and develop programs to educate and empower team members through coaching and leadership.
- Lead additional strategic training initiatives at the discretion of the Training Director (e.g. Develop and maintain a Train-the-trainer program with a global network of individuals in the regional business units)
- Develops and maintains training instruction budgets and schedules
- Take on training instruction responsibilities as required by the organization
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong experience in Training & Development with primary focus in delivering training instruction – some experienced needed in a leadership position
- Exceptional at training instruction, with an understanding what it takes to deliver dynamic interactive training.
- A passion for teaching, and a commitment to ensuring that your trainees develop the skills they need to be successful
- Ability to command an audience, and tailor your delivery to their unique needs to drive optimal engagement and learning retention
- Ability to manage and develop a team of geographically dispersed direct reports
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, global organization
- Outstanding communications, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to influence and indirectly manage across functional teams
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience in a Sales and/or technical field a plus
- Knowledge of Healthcare/Life Sciences Industry and/or SaaS Technology a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, CRM, Content Management technologies and platforms
- FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list for the third year in a row
- Recognised by the 2016 Scrip Awards as the Best Full-service Provider Contract Research Organization (CRO)
- Awarded the 2016 Eagle Award from the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) for the 4th consecutive year. A site-nominated award recognising contract research organizations (CRO) and biopharmaceutical sponsors dedicated to building positive relationships with research sites through leadership, professionalism and integrity
- IQVIA™ named in The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) 2017 Global Outsourcing 100® List which recognizes the world’s best service providers across a range of industries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA™ is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on qualifications and merit. We prohibit discrimination based on any unlawful consideration such as age, race, national origin, gender or other "protected status."
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.