Job Function: Addressable Strategy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Ref#: 3668
Description & Requirements
Position SummaryThe role of Operations Director – Hub Leader is to oversee the performance of our client’s business through the smart application of data, inventory and technology across addressable media - display, mobile, audio, OOH and video. You will be responsible for leading a team in all stages of a campaign lifecycle, from pre-campaign planning, implementation and testing, to optimisation, recommendations and post campaign analytics.
This specific role sits within the Matterkind campaign management team, a team that is forecast to manage in excess of £20m in advertiser spend in 2021.
As the Operations Director – Hub Leader, you will report into the Group Director and lead a team of eight, five of whom are located in our Polish Hub. The campaign management team also work alongside a team of six Addressable Strategists.
- Oversee operational excellence within the Matterkind campaign management team, to ensure all addressable campaigns are delivered to the highest standard in line with objectives, budgets and KPIs.
- Become an expert in the use and best practice of multiple Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) offering insights both internally and externally across a campaign life-cycle.
- Lead the Matterkind campaign management team in reviewing campaign trackers in our wider team check-ins.
- Act as a point of escalation for troubleshooting across the Matterkind campaign management team, providing robust communication and a suitable plan of action to resolve.
- Lead the Matterkind campaign management team providing support and developmental opportunities to members within your team.
- Develop and implement new ways of working to ensure we maintain a high level of operational excellence across the Matterkind team.
- Identify and build strategic optimisation and testing frameworks.
- Deliver award worthy best-in-class campaign solutions.
- Proactively drive adoption of Matterkind products and offerings across the activation team. Work closely with Product Manager to deliver on key projects such as supply path optimisation and client reporting solutions.
- Provide thought leadership through presentations to the wider Matterkind Operations team on tech selection, campaign architecture, and optimisation approach.
Lead the Matterkind campaign management team in the following areas:
Media Plan Implementation
- Ensure all media plan requirements are correctly implemented within the DSP.
- Perform robust QA in campaign set-up and activation to eliminate errors.
- Ongoing optimisation of campaigns across display, mobile, audio, OOH and video to ensure delivery in full and in accordance of performance KPIs.
- Track, measure and analyse early post-launch campaign activities.
- Implement robust test and learn frameworks to deliver outstanding results and insights.
- Liaise with the agency teams and clients directly to discuss current campaign optimisation plans and recommendations.
- Work directly with third party ad servers, rich media vendors, client’s, media buying and trafficking teams and internal staff on all elements related to creative specifications, submission and ad trafficking
- Traffic and QA online advertising assets onto DSP consoles, and follow up with Agency/Advertisers on delinquent ad creative as needed
- Assist Campaign Management team with campaign optimisations and troubleshooting as needed to ensure on-time and complete delivery of online advertising campaigns
- Generate and distribute pixels/beacons according to site integration plan
- Work closely with Client Services, clients & site management groups to have pixels/beacons implemented in advance of media campaigns
- Manage and service clients to ensure accurate implementation, quality control and maintenance across multiple website integrations
- Work alongside the Product Group and other departments to help troubleshoot and correct tagging complications as they arise
Desired Skills & Experience
- Campaign management experience in multiple DSPs at a leading online agency, network, exchange or optimisation business with experience working on blue-chip advertisers.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital media concepts, especially programmatic e.g. understanding ad calls, different data types, buying methods, supply chain etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot to ensure delivery and performance goals are met with clear communication throughout.
- Experience in creating and implementing robust test and learn frameworks across data, inventory and tech.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to locate and understand data of value to drive actionable insights.
- Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally comfortable in a consultative, client-facing environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere and be a self-starter.
- Experience in managing direct reports.
- MS Office fluency, including Excel pivot tables & chart making. Experience with MS Access, VBA/Excel Macros is a strong plus.
Matterkind connects people to what matters connecting brands to the right audiences, and people to the right content. We offer brands a strategic partner in creating lifetime customer value across addressable activation. In a fragmented media landscape, Matterkind leverages best-in-class technology to deliver comprehensive and optimal addressable solutions. Our proprietary data and tradecraft, combined with an audience-first approach, enables us to drive better business outcomes on behalf of agency partners and clients. Matterkind operates in over 70 markets worldwide. Learn more at www.weareMatterkind.com.
Job Type: Full-time