Associate - Risk
Are you looking to take the next step in your Risk Career? Our Risk team, based in London are looking for a new Associate to join the team on a permanent basis.
The Associate – Risk will assist with the development of large-scale risk advisory projects for high profile platforms, from Management Companies to fund clients and work in a supportive role within the risk team (supporting the broader European operations). The minimum expectation of a Associate – Risk is that the employee will:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Director - Risk to ensure the timely and accurate production of risk reports (Daily, Monthly, Quarterly).
- Preparing Investment Committee reporting and provide input into meetings.
- Monitoring all funds and portfolios on risk systems, verifying data and ensuring the correct calculation methodologies are applied.
- Taking ownership of the process documentation.
- Acting as an independent check on the delegate investment managers.
- Monitoring portfolio positions and platform positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines.
- Interpretation of analytics across all asset classes (equity, fixed income, credit, interest rate, etc.).
- Keep abreast of all regulatory changes and aspire to be proficient in UCITS and AIFMD especially with respect to risk management.
- Work on a regular basis and develop system knowledge on both internal and external systems such as Bloomberg, MorningStar and Statpro.
- Assist in the drafting of policies and procedures, related to market risk processes.
- Liaising with other teams in relation to new fund launches and helping onboard new clients and funds.
- Assisting the Director - Risk with ad-hoc client requests.
- Production and delivery of risk-related products, through the oversight and management of source data, rectification of errors, generation of reports, and support for clients.
- Writing specifications for product development where required
- Perform reconciliations on a range of date, accounting, compliance checks and risk analytics.
- Perform data management and manipulation using a range of tools.
- Communicate with clients to ensure satisfaction with the service provided and to resolve any potential issues.
- A degree in a Financial, mathematical or similar subject.
- Some experience within the Financial Services industry.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong MS Office and Analytic Skills.
Within our growing Group, this is a role where you can prove yourself and build a long-term career. We offer a competitive package and a friendly environment, where you will join a competent, dynamic and multicultural team.