As a member of the Attack Analysis team, you will fit into a global team providing 24/7 monitoring and Incident Response, acting as the frontline for attacks against the firms' infrastructure. As a shift analyst, your role will include monitoring alerts triggered from in-house bespoke signatures in a SIEM, start to finish case investigation, threat hunting, file analysis, as well as getting involved in projects that aim to improve the capability of the team. You'll have opportunities to attend training and conferences that benefit the skillset of the team and your own. You'll be encouraged to conduct your own hunting investigations and create rule logic to fill the gaps in monitoring that you identify or alert on upcoming threats you think may be targeted at the firm. The work you'll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Good level of knowledge in network fundamentals, for example; OSI Stack, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network; phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge in log analysis and PCAP analysis
- Knowledge in Windows and/or Linux operating systems, how to investigate them for signs of compromise
- Foundational understanding of file analysis; extracting indicators, providing a report, implementing mitigations
- Basic understanding for Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms
- Foundational level of scripting knowledge is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate the right approach to investigating alerts and/or indicators and document your findings in a manner that both peer and executive level colleagues can understand
- Appreciation of the wider roles of interconnecting Cyber Security teams and collaboration with each of those (i.e. Forensics / Threat Intelligence / Penetration Testing / Vulnerability Management / "Purple Teaming" etc)
- Willing to work a shift pattern that includes weekend work every four weeks
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.