Authentication Product Developer
JPMorgan Chase has undertaken an aggressive digital transformation strategy, and is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen customer engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. We strive to transform customer experiences, simplify the ways we do business and tirelessly drive toward product excellence. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the center.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of product leaders and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Fraud Product Function
The Fraud Product function leads the 1st line of defence business for fraud risk, including ownership of the fraud strategy across all products and channels. Working inside a specialist fraud team to ensure transaction monitoring and controls are optimized to reduce fraud risk whilst ensuring 1st class client experience.
Fraud Product focuses on four areas:
- Working with the Product and Engineering Squads to optimize Fraud Capability through continuous transformation
- Working with Analytics on the Implementation of rules and strategies in the fraud monitoring systems
- Working with the 2nd line fraud risk teams to ensure models, rulesets and strategies are effective.
- Sharing best practice across JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Ownership of authentication strategy across all of Fraud Product
- Delivery of an end to end authentication strategy that optimizes fraud detection and client experience utilizing fraud scores and rules across a disparate set of vendors and fraud vectors
- Ensuring fraud strategies for authentication events are designed and optimized to protect customers and the firm from fraud.
- Ownership of a authentication strategy that ensures we have key data fields flowing into the fraud monitoring system that can optimize fraud strategy and rulesets
- Protect the bank and customers from third and first party fraud threats
- Identification of future fraud risks that are driven by product or channel development and mitigation of these risks through appropriate strategies
- Working across a wide group of teams (product teams, payments, engineering, technology, risk) to ensure that key partners are aware of all of the fraud
- Communicate effectively across teams and gain credibility by understanding end to end impacts of the fraud strategies that are implemented
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across the firm including: business, technology, product management, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, and technology control functions to drive engagement with the fraud prevention program of work
- Key understanding of innovation and regulatory development in fraud/payments across the industry - In particular SCA and PSR expectations
- Monitor and optimize model performance by developing a strong working relationship with the specialist Risk Models team.
- Act as a fraud and auth subject matter expert and share best practice across the firm
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, ideally in a science, computing, engineering or mathematics based subject
- Experience in a first or second line fraud role, in either a policy, strategy or analytics specialism.
- Experience of delivering in an agile environment.
- Experience of working with authentication strategy and authentication tools (behavioural biometrics / device intelligence)
- Experience in management and optimisation of fraud prevention tools, for example Sira / Hunter, ThreatMetrix, Falcon, TSYS, Arcot, RSA, or FeatureSpace ARIC
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Solid critical thinking and analysis in technical scenarios, attention to detail and able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Able to think about a problem from first principles, taking innovative approaches to address user needs.
- Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner.
- Networking -interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration, openness and relationship building skills
- Able to work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Vendor management - ability to understand a vendor product offering and ability to integrate into current technology stack
- Ideally will have a background in banking or consumer products, clear interest in innovation and technology.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.