We have an exciting opportunity for a BI Developer to join our Group IT team based in the UK.
In this role you will be responsible for devising solutions and systems that join together people, processes and data from our ERP solutions; identifying options for custom capability, producing, maintaining and delivering the agreed options.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and define requirements
- Develop a set of standard global reports to be used across the organisation
- Develop ad-hoc or specialist reports in response to the diverse needs of the business
- Validate and test reports with business users
- Work with business to understand underpinning processes and flag issues
- Work with Group IT to identify and define opportunities for global reporting
- Use of analytical techniques to clean, transform, analyse and Interpret data using statistical techniques and visualisation tools
- Contribute to the design and planning process for new data analytics systems
- Provide timely updates to the ERP Change Manager on initial and ongoing delivery, progress, slippage, risks, issues and quality
- Work alongside the head of Information Digitization to recommend opportunities to improve global information systems
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Prior proven experience in developing reporting frameworks and dashboard
- Strong experience using a range of reporting tools such as Power BI / QlikSense / Qlikview / Grafana / Cognos / Tableau or similar
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and experience of ERP Systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and Extract, Transform Load (ETL) frameworks
- Knowledge of advanced SQL queries (data manipulation, sub-queries, common table expressions, complex data joins etc.)
- Experience of the Microsoft BI toolset SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- Microsoft Excel Power User
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and a variety of systems and applying the knowledge that has been learnt
- Experience in generating Self-Service and automated reporting
- Excellent communication skills both written and in-person
- Experience with Azure desirable
- Desirable background in dimensional modelling and data mining
- Has the ability to manage self, manage teams and manage stakeholders
- Enjoys working at speed, when necessary, but also able to plan and consider options
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
You will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
What we do
The Ultra Electronics Group manages a wide range of Specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products in the Defence & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport & Energy Markets. We meet customer needs by applying electronic and software technologies in demanding environments and meeting critical requirements.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet the requirements for clearance at SC level.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.