Blockchain Launch Product Manager VP - Onyx by J.P. Morgan
The Blockchain Launch team leads and coordinates all blockchain and distributed ledger-related projects across J.P. Morgan. We oversee both selection and execution of internal and external use cases of distributed ledger technology, we partner with and invest in leading blockchain technology providers, and we maintain active participation in industry forums. Blockchain Launch was created to foster a commitment to exploring and deploying distributed ledger technology, and since its foundation, we have positioned J.P. Morgan as a leader in the space.
Culturally, we are a mix of innovators, adventurers, thinkers and artists who all have the same goal: build the right products for the right clients at the right time. We care about disruptive technologies and see the world through the lens of innovation. We're detailed-oriented and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We love whiteboard brainstorming sessions, team lunches and we're not ones to pass on karaoke. We're looking to add an experienced, commercially focused Product Manager to our blockchain family.
We need a self-starter with a delivery mindset and a team first attitude, a strong understanding of the relevant business drivers, processes and functions for a given business line, such as Treasury Services, Capital Markets, Securities Services or Asset Management, someone comfortable interacting with a variety of people, including senior business leaders, external service providers, and internal engineering teams to define, develop and deliver solutions, and lastly a passion for blockchain and the desire to improve upon existing infrastructure
- You are intellectually curious, see things differently, and challenge the status quo; you are not afraid to ask questions
- You have experience working in Markets, Investment Banking, Treasury Services, Asset Management, Securities Services or at a minimum have experience working directly with counterparts in these areas. As a result, you have a strong understanding of what the relevant business drivers, processes and functions for a given business line are, and can leverage that knowledge in order to help shape the future state of J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank's businesses.
- You have experience in delivering solutions, from concept through to demonstrable output
- You are execution focused, action-oriented and pay attention to detail
- You have strong verbal and written presentation skills - converting ideas into well-articulated, visually impactful presentations is your thing! PowerPoint is your friend
- You are able to act independently and take initiative but work equally well within a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- You have a passion for blockchain technology and are driven by transforming existing structures and market practices in order to provide better services and experiences to our clients
- You are comfortable with presenting ideas to senior management & clients and are excited to work with vendors and startups in the blockchain community
- Ideally you have a solid understanding of distributed ledger technology and related applications, including a technical understanding of cryptocurrency technology fundamentals and how they are / are not relevant to private distributed ledger implementations
- Bonus points if you spend time thinking about how to build the new (financial) world!
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.