Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Contract Sales and Medical Solutions
Location: Home Based, (South East preferred)
Contract Sales and Medical Solutions (CSMS) is a pivotal part of the IQVIA business offering an extensive and industry leading range of innovative CSMS services.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing, growing and maintaining the relationship between IQVIA CSMS and clients with a focus on building relationships with new clients and new stakeholders, to identify opportunities to close deals for CSMS Services. Supported by the Head of Business Development and working closely with the broader IQVIA account team the BDM will develop and implement account plans for their client base with a focus on new client acquisition, sales and revenue growth. The strength of relationships with Senior stakeholders will ensure the BDM is included in strategic or critical business discussions, and able to clearly identify client needs. When client needs are identified the BDM will then coordinate solution development, (with support from Business Development Directors / Head of Business Development). As the BDM evolves in the role, he will become solely responsible for leading the development of more complex solutions that maximise value to clients. The BDM will have a solid understanding of IQVIA CSMS business, financials, products/services, the market and the needs of assigned accounts; may help develop colleagues' understanding; may be recognized as an expert in one area. BDM must also develop a good understanding of the broader IQVIA offerings and a strong internal network. They will be responsible for achievement of CSMS New Business, Renewal Business, Revenue and profitability targets on a quarterly and annual basis. Collaborate with wider CSMS BD team, Operations and Marketing teams to provide feedback and insight as to how CSMS service offerings are continually evolved to meet the changing requirements in the market place.
- A portfolio of circa 20 UK Life science accounts, including accounts in which CSMS have current live projects but with a focus on ‘new’ accounts, identified as having potential for successful CSMS engagement
- Develops and implements account plans for target client accounts
- Pro actively prospects in new accounts to develop relationships with new stakeholders and uncover clients needs / identify sales opportunities
- Secure key renewals and expand CSMS service footprint with existing clients
- Supported by Head of Business Development, orchestrate internal resources to successfully develop and sell innovative CSMS solutions to client base
- Build long term relationship with key senior stakeholders
- Drive customer satisfaction
- Achieve Financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis (New Business, Renewal Business, revenue and profitability)
- Work with the wider IQVIA account teams building a community that will drive and increase the account opportunity pipeline by cross-fertilizing ideas,
- Leverage internal best practices to ultimately increase business opportunities
- Position IQVIA as a strategic vendor in our primary solutions areas
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Graduate caliber
- Moderate prior experience (Life Sciences Business Development and/or Life Science experience).
- Ideally a proven track record of successful Sales / business development with new clients
- Strong sales and opportunity management skills across the full sales cycle (from lead identification, proposal development, pitching, closing and contract negotiations)
- Ability to develop a network of senior and middle management contacts to build long lasting trusted partnerships
- Proven track record of managing a balanced pipeline of both short term tactical opportunities and long term strategic engagements.
- Able to create and implement Client Account plans
- Strong understanding of financial reporting/forecasting and sales opportunity management
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector or evidence of successfully moving into a new market sector.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, to deliver professional client communications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proactive, self-motivated and accountable with the aim to always drive positive client satisfaction
- Strategic thinker with a solution focus, combined with ability to execute tactically
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and to work collaboratively to pull together client engagements and delivery of projects
- Eligible to live and work in the UK without visa sponsorship
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.