At Little Sparks, we have created Little Journey, a digital platform designed to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of children and adults undergoing a healthcare medical procedure or surgery. Using behavioural and implementation science, Little Journey improves the knowledge, resilience and coping skills of families while providing healthcare organisations with data to improve the care they provide.
Founded by an NHS doctor, the Little Journey platform is built based on his experiences caring for children and adults, as well as knowledge gained from his research assessing the effectiveness of interventions designed to reduce anxiety before surgery.
The Little Journey platform consists of a mobile application delivering age tailored information, customised to individual hospitals through virtual reality tours, information articles, animations and therapeutic games; and a web-based content management system that enables hospitals to control information in real time and visualise data to improve the quality of care provided.
We’re an early stage start-up looking to grow our company, skillset and digital solutions. We’ve already had amazing traction within the NHS and are currently performing high quality medical research funded by the National Institute of Health Research.
The future is exciting with early international projects and expansion opportunities to new sectors. Please get in touch if you are looking for a job that enables you to make large, positive impacts globally.
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
We are looking for an experienced Chief Technology Officer with a strong understanding of healthcare technology, mobile application development, web development and data analytics.
Your role is to lead a team of developers, data analysts and contractors to manage the delivery of new applications, data systems and backend platforms.
You will be working alongside the Board of Directors using your expertise to develop the technical aspects of the business strategy, product roadmaps and technical architecture of the Little Journey Systems.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is keen to work as part of a team, sharing their experience and ingenuity to improve what we do.
- A person with vision and discipline, who is passionate and driven.
- A CTO, Technology Lead or Technology Development Lead looking for a dynamic role at a fast-paced startup
- A startup expert, having experience working on products at all stages of life cycle
- Good at thinking strategically and on your feet, tackling tough problems with creative solutions
- Independent self-learner and a great team player, keen to share your experience and ingenuity to improve what we do.
You will be responsible for:
1. The planning and development of Little Journey management and data platforms:
- Managing and developing the architecture/infrastructure of product portfolio
- Writing and executing development and deployment strategies for the platform.
- Writing technical specifications for product portfolio based on regulatory and governance requirements
2. Hiring and head hunting for our tech team:
- Build a team of senior and mid-level developers specializing in Dev ops, data security and cyber testing, front end (for android and iOS applications) and back end deployment (cloud-based hosting).
- Coach and mentor your team to ensure a productive, engaged and agile workforce.
3. Keeping ahead of the technology curve, introducing and driving team awareness of new technology opportunities and solutions:
- Understanding the customer and the mission to generate new developments and how new technology can add value
- Leveraging emerging technologies
4. The technology development budget:
- Managing Technology Development budget allocation and execution
5. Working with the design team to deliver products:
- Taking design and user experience briefs to build prototypes and products
- Informing the design team of technical restrictions
6. Attending Board of Directors meetings:
- Providing project updates, timelines and strategies at meetings to align with the business goals
REQUIREMENTS (MUST HAVE):
- Degree level education in relevant topic
- Several years experience managing technology development teams
- Several years experience of professional coding experience
- Ability to read and write code for the development of iOS and Android applications in the following languages: Java, Kotlin, C# for Unity, UI Kit, SceneKit & SpriteKit
- Ability to read and write code for the development of web front-end and backend systems. Languages currently used include: Angluar, Jasmine, Karma Test Runner, HTML/CSS, Vapor Swift, MySQL, Swagger Specifications and Swift Package Manager
- Ability to work independently and still retain a high level of self-motivation
- Detail orientated
- Excellent problem solving
- Knowledge on data security and compliance
- Experience working in healthcare technology
- Experience with healthcare data systems and analytics
- Experience applying agile/lean methodologies
LIFE AT LITTLE JOURNEY
Our team of consists of a diverse skill set of developers, designers, analysts, researchers and healthcare professionals with a shared vision of achieving success. As a team we recognise the importance of cohesive team working, which in our opinion, stems from enjoyment in your work.
Other benefits include:
- Pension schemes
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Share Options (Board of Directors Role)
- 25 Annual Leave days (exc. Bank holidays)
- Work computer (Tech Spec)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home opportunities
- Office Space in London
- Monthly team social events
- Opportunities to attend relevant conferences and events within Technology field.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Work From Home
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Technology Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Technology Development Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19