CIB Applied AI & Machine Learning - NLP Specialist - Digital & Platform Services Operations - Vice President (VP)
Data Analytics at J.P. Morgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company's unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. In this role, you will be part of our industry-leading data analytics team and advance the state-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating business intelligence to predictive models and automated decision making.
The role will be in the firm's Applied AI and Machine Learning organization and will involve working closely with Digital & Platform Services Operations.
The successful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publicly available and J.P. Morgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answering questions relevant to Operations.
The Digital & Platform Services Operations teams support the Corporate & Investment Bank and its partners and functions including Technology, Data Science, Client Service, Product and Platform as well as other businesses and stakeholders across the firm.
- Research and develop innovative ML based solutions to some of Operations' hardest problems
- Understand the Operations business to formulate relevant high impact business questions that can be answered through data analysis.
- Work on building robust Data Science capabilities which can be scalable across multiple business use cases.
- Collaborate with Tech partners to design and deploy Machine Learning services that can be integrated with strategic systems.
- Think strategically to leverage reusable components within the firm and state of the art available externally when building the capabilities.
- Research and analyse data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Communicate final results and give context.
- Document approach and techniques used.
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
- Significant relevant experience in a reputable work environment.
- BS, MS or PhD in a quantitative or computational discipline.
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying Data Science and ML capabilities in production at scale.
- Strong ability to develop and debug in Python or similar professional programming language.
- Should be able to work both individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Able to be results and client focused and follow the agile development paradigm.
Nice to Have
- Able to design or evaluate intrinsic and extrinsic metrics of your model's performance which are aligned with business goals.
- Able to independently research and propose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance.
- Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders.
- Strong experience with machine learning APIs and computational packages (examples: Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, statsmodels).
- Previous experience with Deep Neural Network packages (examples: TensorFlow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras).
- Experience with big-data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.