CIB - Data Team Lead - Wholesale Payments Operations - Executive Director
The successful candidate will create a data strategy, build and leverage sophisticated data analysis capabilities, design solutions, and drive the execution of such strategy across WPCSIO. This role is that of a service provider to the WPCSIO teams and to be successful, the candidate need to closely collaborate with Operations Leaders and their respective organizations, as well as key partners across Digital & Platform Services including Operations Transformation and Technology, Product Management, and Business colleagues.
The role will lead and manage a recently centralized team that was previously functioning as disparate data teams across different Lobs. As part of WPCSIO, we are consolidating these teams however much work and structuring will be needed which will require the candidate to have high EQ and quick study on decision making.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with advanced data strategy, problem solving, and transformation as well as strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will have a strong background and proven ability to transform Operations businesses using a data driven approach.
- Evaluate existing talent and design/execute on new data team operating model for success
- Work with Tech, Product and CIB data partners to establish Data Platform Ownership & Governance
- Prioritize WPCSIO data needs with our stakeholders ( could be metrics, AI/ML) and set the agenda for data availability, quality and deliveries of data products
- Evaluate the current data architecture and shape the future state data architecture and roadmap to serve on WPCSIO needs
- Review current data and MIS processes across WPCSIO and develop and execute on plans for continuous data quality improvement as well as automation/efficiency.
- Generate and deliver actionable insights from data extrapolation to key stakeholders in Operations, Digital & Platform Services, Payments Businesses, Functional areas and Technology
- Build/develop the right skills, experience, knowledge and capacity in the data team in support of the above.
Skills Required / Qualifications
- Deep domain knowledge in payments business
- Motivating and unifying leader
- Proven experience in developing and leading significant data delivery initiatives
- Complex problem-solving skills, with hands-on ability
- Advanced analytics and insights development experience - telling stories with data
- Ability to navigate a complex and matrixed environment and drive alignment around a common vision and strategy
- Strong ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues, business leaders and functional partners
- Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates
- Superior execution skills
- Strong risk and control mindset
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ongoing coaching and development of team membersJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans