CIB - Investment Banking - FIG CEEMEA - Associate - London
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, financial sponsor and government clients. We maintain leading relationships with some of the most prominent clients in the EMEA financial services industry and aid them, through M&A and capital markets transactions, in delivering on their corporate strategy and structure. Often, members of the deal team interact on a daily basis with a client's CEO and CFO.
We have an open opportunity for an experienced full-time Junior Investment Banking Associate in the CEEMEA team within the broader EMEA Financial Institutions Group.
As an Associate, the candidate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. She/he will work closely with the CEEMEA team to address the needs of our clients and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. She/he would be expected to partner across teams to develop strategies for clients, build detailed financial models, analyse market data and prepare client presentations. She/he would also manage client transactions from pitch to close under the guidance of senior team leaders, prepare detailed valuation analyses, models and presentations as well as come up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges.
Our robust continuing education program will further enhance the candidate's on-going development and career progression.
Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Completion of large and complex valuation and analytical exercises
- Support the preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic client dialogue
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterpart at the client/other advisers (accounting, legal, etc.)
- Keeping abreast of key market and regulatory developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of investment banking experience
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in the FIG sector
- Solid communication and project management skills
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
- Strong team player
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Perfectly fluent in English. Foreign language skills, while not required, are desirable
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.