CIB - Wholesale Payments - Merchant Services Marketing - Presentation Manager - Associate - London or Dublin
A strong Presentations Manager is a strategic thinker, creative writer and storyteller with the ability to understand how to address a large number of clients and prospects with content and also customize presentations by gaining an understanding of an individual merchant's needs and conveying our company's value proposition in a compelling way without sacrificing compliance and brand requirements. They must be able to effectively project manage, balance multiple projects and prioritize with tight deadlines, leading stakeholders at varying levels across multiple lines of business within the firm.
Responsibilities Include :
Help launch and manage our Europe presentation library, ensuring materials are up-to-date, meeting the needs of our field and delivering value.
- Collaborate with U.S. team members to identify, create and refine content that meets the Europe Merchant Services field teams' needs.
- Partner with sales and account executive teams in Europe to analyze the needs of the client and leverage existing preapproved content or create new content to tell a compelling story that strategically aligns our capabilities with the Merchant's needs.
- Develop working knowledge of Merchant Services product suite in order to provide appropriate recommendations for each presentation. Translate technical information into language understood by all levels of clients.
- Research topics, gather information and consult with subject matter experts to clarify details and develop both preapproved and custom presentations.
- Proactively perform needs assessment to identify gaps in preapproved content and create material to fill those gaps.
- Perform discovery calls and project manage multiple presentations simultaneously ensuring all stakeholders actively participate and meet critical deadlines.
- Deliver client surveys to key stakeholders upon presentation completion, achieve satisfactory results, celebrate wins and act on opportunities identified.
- Periodically conduct post mortems to identify opportunities for improvement to our product and process and where necessary, share learnings with team.
Teamwork and Leadership
- Collaborate with peers across Presentation and Proposal teams to support presentation development efforts, share best practices, and increase team efficiency.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and leverage change management discipline to bring ideas to fruition.
- Lead team's efforts in Europe to expand support model and other critical projects as needed.
Risk and Controls
- Ensure all materials are compliant with legal and J.P. Morgan brand guidelines prior to publication
Strong experience writing and creating presentations and/or marketing materials required
- Strong project management and organization skills required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and editorial skills required
- Graphic design experience with a strong portfolio strongly desired
- Advanced ability to tell a compelling story
- Solid understanding of Merchant Services products and services preferred
- Payments industry knowledge desired
- Strong leadership skills and ability to interact, influence and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proven self-starter, detail oriented, well organized and able to multi-task effectively
- High level of independence, energy and integrity, demonstrates respect for a diversity of opinions and styles, and accepts accountability
- Unwavering integrity
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as required, during critical phases of a project
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically, advanced capabilities using PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other publishing software preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans