About the team / Division
The London Market Claims team are driven, diverse and ready for anything. We work closely with our underwriters to ensure that there is a clear, open and transparent relationship with our customers and brokers from the very beginning.
We are looking for someone who can be a part of a strong team, maintaining your own portfolio of claims within a financial authority and also working on more complex files.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract position with a potential opportunity to go permanent after the 6 months, althoguh this is not guaranteed at this stage. This role will predominantly handle claims generated from the Property account. We seek a candidate who can work with our underwriters and the rest of the claims team to define our claims service proposition.
- To proactively handling a portfolio of Property claims from first advice to settlement across both Open Market and Binding Authority placements.
- Interacting with key internal and external stakeholders on claims related matters.
- To service brokers and clients, providing prompt and efficient claim resolution, within clearly defined authority limits.
- As appropriate, appoint and manage experts to assist in claim investigation and resolution.
- To assist in providing regular feedback to senior management and underwriters.
- Contribute to the strategy for the London Markets Claims Team and ensure its successful delivery.
- Help maintain strong relationships with the London Market Underwriters.
- To work under the direction and supervision of the Property Claims Manager and to assist as required in all aspects of property claims adjustment and associated administration reporting.
The ideal Candidate
- Educated to graduate level or of graduate calibre
- ACII qualified or equivalent
- A significant level of experience handling Property claims, ideally 5 years or more and within the London Market.
- Excellent people skills
- A confident communicator with demonstrable communication skills both oral and written
- A willingness to travel
- Someone who can analyse complex issues but is also pragmatic, commercial and solution orientated
- An ability to use own initiative and confidence in making decisions
- Ability to question the norm and seek ‘a better way’
- Good mathematical skills and report writing capability
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places.
Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.
You can follow Hiscox on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Instagram (@HiscoxInsurance)
Our core values of Courage, Integrity, Ownership, being Human and staying Connected underpin a reputation we have earned for integrity and decent behaviour in everything we do, which we firmly believe is good for the morale of staff and for the results of the business. We believe strongly in our values and endeavour to live by them every day.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn’t always have to be ‘nine to five’ and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.