We are looking for a Client Director to join our team in London.
At nPlan, we are making construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that involves delivering deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you'll lead our customer success teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you'll be responsible for our customers' overall success as they interact with our product. This means guiding customers from their onboarding to first use to the expansion of our commercial relationships. Your role will require you to understand our customers and build deep and meaningful relationships with them, fostering the spirit of empowerment of the nPlan user. There are two key aspects to this role:
1) Work with our new and existing clients to help them get the most value out of nPlan
2) Leverage that value to expand our commercial position
To be successful in this role, you'll need a strong desire and ability to create meaningful value from a seemingly complex product. You'll work with a large variety of stakeholders, from customers to nPlan engineers, and each customer will have differing requirements and expectations of the service of nPlan. It will be for you to help them understand how nPlan can best help them and the projects they are delivering. You'll work closely with our existing Risk Engineering team, who will assist with the more technical questions asked by customers, and our Commercial team, who lead on selling nPlan with new customers. You'll work closely with our product team to share customer feedback and share new product developments with our customers.
You'll have the opportunity to lead a team of customer success engineers, risk engineers, and account managers in this role, as well as growing the team and function as we continue to scale the company.
What we need you to do:
- Design our service offering to our global customer base
- Lead engagements with our key customers once the contract has been signed and build strong and lasting relationships with our customers.
- Create a winning formula for repeatable and scalable customer success
- Build and inspire a team of customer success managers, risk engineers, and business analysts.
We need you to have:
- Experience in working with clients/contractors in the construction industry, either from consulting or from an enterprise software business.
- Experience in Project Controls or an area that directly interacts with Project Controls on large (>$50m) projects. It is vitally important for you to understand the stakeholders and dynamics of project teams you'll work with.
- Experience in leading customer engagements and in leading small teams.
- Empathy for the customer and the pain they experience in project delivery, coupled with a desire to find solutions and the means to create value.
- A strong desire to build the service delivery function from a "blank sheet."
We'd like you to have:
- A degree in engineering, science, or mathematics
- An eye for details, please mention the word ‘crane' in your application.
- An awareness of risk and forecasting
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind based on evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team, so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches, and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time for yourself and your private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.