We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
- confidence to challenge what’s gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn
About Compare the Market
A major disruptor in the insurance sector, Compete the Market offers quick online comparison of the price, cover and features in car, home, travel, pet and life insurance as well as energy, broadband and mobile phone packages, and financial products.
Compare the Market is a fast-paced, results driven account and Wavemaker are a close partner in helping them deliver against their ambitious growth targets, with a comprehensive effectiveness framework to inform investment decisions.
- General Manager
The Client Lead has overall responsibility for leading a team to deliver best possible work for our clients and for ensuring that we maximise our return from that business. The Client Lead is a pivotal senior contact and day to day business lead for Compare the Market, the partner who provides the knowledge, the challenge and support to unlock growth for them today, and for tomorrow.
The Client Lead has the opportunity to be a part of the agency ‘Client Leadership Committee’.
Compare the Market + Beagle Street (part of the BGL Group)
Required skills / experience:
Ability to build and maintain client and agency relationships at a senior level. Gravitas and clarity in delivering media recommendations to clients. Someone clients respect and value and want on their business.
- Ambassador. Represents the company in a professional manner to clients, media owners and suppliers. Has high level of enthusiasm, cares about the business and wants to make a difference.
Strategy & Planning
Best in Class Planning. Effectively leads the planning process. Overall responsibility for the development of an integrated comms strategy and the quality of its execution. Is an expert in media planning, strategically strong, able to understand client’s business challenges and clearly identify and articulate a comms strategy to address it. Responsible for the shape of the plans: deciding the investment levels and role of each channel, driven by macro and micro level insights that deliver on clients’ objectives and KPIs. Able to go above and beyond paid solutions to consider how clients can maximise owned and earned platforms.
- Works with team to actively champion provocative planning and use the Wavemaker OS to deliver growth solutions and build robust plans and rationale documents that justify media selections.
- Articulate. Can create a well thought through presentation with a coherent argument.
- Values ideas. Is passionate about creativity and is always seeking new stimulus and innovative solutions to deliver OEP solutions for its clients.
Operations & Management
- Organises agency resources to ensure best in class delivery across a multi-function team. Can plan and budget, organise staff and workflow, delegates whilst managing standards, and ensures effective time management across the team to meet deadlines.
- Take full ownership and quality control of our work for clients. Challenges clients on clearly defining and quantifying what success looks like for the campaign, ensures every brief has a clear set of KPIs and measurable outcomes and a clear measurement framework in place – collaborating and innovating with Effectiveness and Data Partners where appropriate. Instils a learning culture, constantly driving better results for our clients, overseeing PCAs, Quarterly/Annual review meetings for clients.
Has an excellent commercial understanding of their clients and of Wavemakers products and services. Works with General Manager to proactively seek ways to increase revenue & income. Able to spot and advise clients when additional Wavemaker services would be beneficial. Is aware of the implications that client contracts may have on planning. Manages agency resource to deliver the most effective and efficient client deliveries and profitability of each piece of business. Responsible for delivering against PRF requirements outlined in client contracts. Is conscious of client servicing scores and guides the team to ensure a continuous improvement of them.
- Understands the importance of sound financial awareness, engenders strong financial accounting and admin across the team. Excellent attention to detail. Ensure all team members regularly complete timesheets.
- Has actively participated in new business projects and pitches.
Able to lead a team to a very high standard and keeping people motivated and engaged.
- Provides their people with clear personal objectives, structure and regular reviews. Puts in place a training, development and feedback programme that ensures the ongoing development of their team and is responsible for conducting performance reviews for direct reports. Is fully aware of full teams’ personal developmental tasks and enables their growth, through regular one on one meetings.
- Lead and facilitate a close and productive working relationship with all other Wavemaker specialisms to produce brilliant work for our clients. Clear communication of overall account / team objectives to the wider team. Writes clear briefs and provides feedback on work provided.
- Has engendered the respect of those they have worked with. Has high levels of integrity and builds trust with ease. People like working with this person. Is a calm, reliable and self-motivated individual.
Innovation & Collaboration
Able to connect the skills of the agency together to best serve client’s needs. Builds relationships quickly and fosters collaboration between different Wavemaker departments in creative, content, research and data disciplines to produce brilliant work for our clients. Ensure strong professional relationships are formed with creative agencies and media owners to ensure integrated approach to client’s business.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other Wavemaker teams.
- Exceptional at assessing a situation and deploying the correct resources. Anticipates key issues and plans to solve them proactively. Identifies when to call in senior involvement, bring in new personnel or new specialist skills to meet client challenges.
- Has earned recognition as a contributor to agency and department initiatives. Is an exceptional self-starter, always takes the initiative and develops solutions off their own back. Volunteers or creates opportunities to expand their experience.
- Has a drive to make themselves better at what they do and to increase their knowledge. Maintains a detailed topical knowledge of relevant media developments, and actively seeks opportunities to learn. Engenders curiosity in their team.
Rounded media knowledge. A robust background in media is essential, with extensive channel knowledge.
- Confidently uses and has a high knowledge of Wavemaker/ industry data tools, and positively promotes the use of data within their team to generate insight and improve performance. Is highly skilled discussing data with clients.
- Ensures digital, data and innovation are central to all strategies, and insight is derived from available digital planning tools. Confident to take the lead digitally, doesn’t hand digital over the ‘digital people’ but consults with them for advice and stimulus. Capitalises on all opportunities to further their digital knowledge. Is confident discussing digital (display, search and social) with clients without needing specialists present.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, and a very high level of articulation required.