Cloud Engineer - AWS
There's never been a more exciting time to work in Technology; and with our investment in Digital and Cloud native technologies, at JMPC we want to give talented people like you, an opportunity to work with us at the leading edge.
The teams we build are as diverse and culture rich as the communities we serve and we consider that to be a foundation stone for our thriving working environment.
We're really excited to be expanding our Cloud Core Engineering practice in London, and we're looking for hands-on full stack 'minded' engineers from all technical disciplines who are commercial, intellectually curious, customer obsessed, and love solving complex problems. In return we'll help you expand your skills, as you'll be working as part of a Global team, building and supporting an innovative cloud based technology platform for the firm.
As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Working alongside our team of technologists from around the world, you will become a Cloud Engineer within our expanding Core Engineering Team. In this role you will be building capabilities for, and supporting, the cloud native technology platform for one of our dedicated lines of business.
The successful candidate will work with the firm's Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical networking, development, engineering, administration, information technology, and security skills.
It is our passion to collaborate with our colleagues who are developing our technology platforms to deliver legendary service in a secure, value-adding, scalable and resilient way. This means with your deep knowledge of product design, development, coding, analytics, cyber security and chaos engineering, we'll bring out the best in you to help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with and designing cloud solutions at scale
- Application performance monitoring and logging
- Networking and network configuration
- Release engineering (Branching, versioning, tagging, source control event hooks)
- Help develop new cloud security strategies and implementations for the firm
- Champion a DevOps security model so that security is automated and elastic across all platforms
- Support the Firm's goals in secure cloud adoption through hands on interaction with development teams to cultivate a cloud first mind set in transitioning workloads
- Core security fundamentals and knowledge
- Working knowledge and experience with cloud-based technologies and solutions including but not limited to; AWS, GCP and Azure, with specific experience in the following AWS-based technologies:
- Route 53
- AWS Networking and Routing
- Amazon KMS
- Container Orchestration/Virtualization Experience (Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm or Mesos)
- Understanding of core concepts for Public/Private/Hybrid clouds (networking, security, identity access management, etc.)
- In-Depth OS Experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server)
- Understanding of networking (ports/protocols), firewalls, load balancers and IPS, container security.
- Dev tools experience (Github, Terraform, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Programming Skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash or Go)
- Working experience in an Agile environment and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Amazon Connect experience
- WebRTC knowledge
- Salesforce experience
- Understanding encryption and the principles/practices behind it
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
- Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.