Cloud Migration Success Manager
AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch) London a month ago
- Experience in customer facing roles managing large scale technology transformation and migration programs.
- Experience of working directly with Public Sector organisations.
- Relevant work experience in advisory, solution architecture, systems integration, transformation management, or customer success roles with large enterprise companies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to navigate complex organisational structures and relationships.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and with senior levels.
- Complex opportunity and/or project co-ordination skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of an organisation.
To service the UK - 30-50% travel is expected
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are leading the cloud revolution. As the Migration Success Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to work with some of the largest and most exciting Public Sector customers across EMEA who are executing against complex multi-year cloud transformation journeys to AWS. In this new, highly visible, role you will ensure that all AWS teams work together effectively and efficiently to deliver migration and modernisation outcomes for our customers.
If you are you passionate about helping customers overcome the challenges and complexities related to their cloud migration initiatives, while helping them to achieve significantly differentiated business outcomes, this is the role for you. We are searching for cloud migration success managers that will be at the forefront of helping our Public Sector customers accelerate their migration to the cloud, enabling them to achieve there business goals.
You will be a trusted adviser to your customer taking on end-to-end ownership of migration projects. You will leverage your program management, technical, organisational, and transformation expertise to understand your customer's strategic business and technical goals. In collaboration with the Migrations SA, and Migrations Specialist, you will translate them into an executable plan, track and report progress, and drive migrations to success by working with the customer, AWS, and our partners. You will be an active participant in steering committees and governance structures regardless of who is leading the migration and act as the point of contact for escalations. You will also serve as the voice of the customer internally driving visibility of issues and insights that will continually improve our customer success mechanisms.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate deep expertise and passion for managing enterprise-level technology transformation initiatives successfully. The candidate will apply strong problem solving skills, bias for action, and the ability to work cross-functionally to tackle ambiguous and complex issues that slow down migrations. You will also bring excellent project management skills and ability to build and scale new mechanisms to systematically manage migration success across our customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own customer onboarding process.
- Lead discussions with program managers and technical audiences to track, monitor, and take action on the migration health of customers.
- Own the approach to investigate potential at-risk customers, and ensure execution of the development of action plans to address the root-causes of customer stalled migrations.
- Track action plan progress and completion to resolution with the account team.
- Report migration health and escalate issues.
- Provide field perspective and feedback to EMEA Migrations Team
- Work towards proactively developing Customer References and case studies.
- Serve as a point of contact for any blockers, bugs as well as champion the customer needs with internal and external vendors and partners
- Communicate customer trends and standard methodologies to internal teams to drive improvements to documentation, tooling, and mechanisms
- Develop recommendations for how to improve the migration experience for our customers in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Rapidly focus the collective efforts of the cross functional teams toward successful customer outcome
- Earn trust with senior delivery leaders, and consistently deliver results that change customers’ trajectory with AWS
- Delivery experience in cloud transformation or mass migration programs.
- Knowledge of migration software and technologies like CloudEndure, Migration Evaluator
- Substantial experience with technology transformation initiatives.
- Experience roles in a Customer Success function.
- Previous experience in migrations to AWS is beneficial but not essential.
- PRINCE II Certification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
For more information on Public Sector roles, please visit - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/Public-Sector