Commercial Team Manager
The Commercial Team’s role is to generate sales of electronic security systems to new & existing Customers. This also involves developing new contacts and new business within different market sectors and FM companies.
As Commercial Team Manager, you will report directly to CUSTOM’s Commercial Director.
This role combines both direct sales and mentoring/managing a small Team of Account Managers so that the Company’s annual sales and profits continue to grow. A flexibility of approach and multi-tasking is required. It also requires a high-level of pro-activity which may involve working out-of-hours in line with business needs.
Accordingly, your role will include:
- Managing a small team of Account Managers (currently 3 members) in line with achieving Team & Individual targets.
- Ensuring that quotations conform to NSI Standards
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and key engineering personnel
- Assisting with System designs to meet client specifications.
- Working closely with CUSTOM’s Technical Support Team where integration of Security Systems with IT Networks is required, and that all necessary software and hardware has been taken into account.
- Reviewing Tender Requests and successfully completing returns to meet the clients’ specified dates.
- Preparing technical documentation and drawings, ensuring compliance with technical specifications.
- Specifying equipment and undertaking Client review meetings to present & agree final specifications.
- Ensuring that the Team’s sales forecasts are kept up to date and providing regular reports to senior colleagues for future resource planning.
- Following up tenders/quotations with clients and attending tender presentation meetings to influence key decision makers.
- Ensuring that all new orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that company policies are adhered to during the process.
- Attending Client Project Meetings and identifying additional commercial opportunities.
- Attending Handover Meetings to help ensure that the Client is satisfied that the newly installed System meets the stated requirements and that any queries can be promptly dealt with.
- Attending and chairing weekly sales meetings in the absence of the Commercial Director.
Knowledge and familiarity of the commonly installed, CCTV, Intercom, Access Control and Intruder Alarm Systems is key to this role.
You will also be expected to create your own Prospect base by obtaining referrals and introductions from your existing contacts and networking.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have an understanding of Electronic Security Systems, such as Access Control, CCTV and Intruder Alarms?
- Sales: 2 years (preferred)