Communications Manager (Fixed Term / Secondment)
Communications Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Battle Bridge House, London
Fixed Term Contract (12 – 18 months)
Salary up to £60K depending on experience + pension + bonus
Full time 40 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
Working in our support functions you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.
The Corporate Affairs Team, which includes the External and Internal Communications, Public Affairs and CRS teams is a dynamic, creative team which works across all Bupa Global & UK (BGUK). We work closely with the BGUK Executive team and individual businesses and are responsible for the development and delivery of all communications strategies and activity.
You’ll report into the Head of Communications for BGUK who is responsible for leading the planning, shaping and delivery of an integrated communications strategy for Bupa UK Insurance’s customers.
You’ll be vital in ensuring successful delivery, of engaging communications across a wide range of audiences, ensuring the communications meet all regulatory requirements (clear, fair and not misleading), making sure our people are fully briefed and supported with materials to answer questions from customers and brokers.
You’ll work closely with and support the Senior Retention Manager for UK Insurance. You’ll also establish strong working relationships with key teams and internal stakeholders including Digital, Marketing, BGUK Corporate Affairs and others to support the objectives and delivery of the customer communications.
What you’ll do
- Provide expert communications support for customer, broker, and internal audiences.
- Deliver the integrated communications strategy and plan.
- Develop all communications and ensure they are engaging and effective for all audiences.
- Make sure all communications are developed in Bupa’s brand tone of voice
- Ensure end to end delivery of communications, including managing them through Bupa’s regulated copy clearance process and audit trail.
- Be a guardian of the company’s reputation internally and externally, liaising with others in Corporate Affairs and other teams as required.
- Manage external suppliers and agencies as needed to provide design, editorial, production or distribution services to make sure that the work provided is of the right standard and on brand.
What you’ll bring
- Extensive commercial customer communications experience
- Impeccable copywriting, proof reading and editing skills are a given
- A creative, flexible, adaptable and positive approach
- Meticulous planner with eagle eyed attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Drive, confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Brilliant stakeholder management skills, and the credibility, gravitas and confidence to collaborate and challenge at the highest level
- Proven track record of working successfully across functions and across businesses
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. You’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus targeted at 10%
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various family friendly benefits
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Time Type:Full time
Job Posting End Date03 Mar 2021