Compliance Policies and Standards and Office of Legal Obligation (OLO)
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practice and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
The EMEA Compliance Policies and Standards and OLO team:
The role sits within the EMEA Compliance Policies and Standards and OLO team (Team). The Team is responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Policies and Standards and OLO programme within EMEA Compliance. The role will report into the EMEA Head of Compliance Policies, Standards and OLO;
As part of the EMEA Compliance Policies and Standards and OLO team, the role will be primarily responsible for the coordination and delivery of the OLO programme within EMEA Compliance. The role will also include assisting with the delivery of the Compliance Policies and Standards governance programme in EMEA.
- Driving the evaluation of legal obligations working with relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) within EMEA Compliance in order to:
o determine whether and how the legal obligation is directly relevant to the Compliance function;
o map these obligations to Compliance risks, policies and procedures;
o assess and verify mapped policies and procedures are sufficient to meet the legal obligation and, where there are issues, provide credible challenge to the relevant SME; and
o work with SMEs to remediate identified mapping issues;
- Building relationships and collaborate with SMEs across the region, and Compliance partners globally to ensure a well-coordinated programme and consistent review of applicable obligations.
- Providing project management support and tracking of execution, including production of management information metrics using Excel and PowerPoint and inputting data into online data systems.
- EMEA Compliance Policies and Standards
As part of the Team, and as agreed with the Team head;
- Review, draft, coordinate and implement certain Compliance policies and standards in accordance with the relevant governance processes (including to support the Firm's implementation of regulatory obligations or regulatory change, for example);
- Assist with syndication and coordination of relevant EMEA SME's reviews of new or updated firmwide or global Compliance policies and standards or Compliance Bulletins with cross-border or cross-LOB/CF applicability;
- Assist in responding to regulatory and/or internal (i.e. Internal Audit, Compliance Testing, legal) inquiries in relation to applicable Compliance policies, standards and procedures; and
- Assist with uploading policies, standards, procedures and other documents to internal systems.
- Ad hoc
Ad-hoc assignments or projects within the aforementioned responsibilities of the Team as agreed with the Team head.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field, e.g. law
- significant experience in a banking or risk management environment;
- good knowledge and understanding of EMEA financial services regulation;
- strong analytical skills and close attention to detail;
- strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation of data;
- self-starter, organised with the ability to plan, manage multiple priorities and challenging deadlines in a fast-paced working environment; and
- a strong team player willing to work closely across and with multiple teams within Compliance.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.