Banking Management Consultant - Programme Delivery
Job Banking Management Consultant - Programme Delivery
Mobility: Up to 100%
Salary: £50,000 - £63,000
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture Strategy and Consulting shapes our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industry and business models. Our teams:
- Drive end-to-end transformation - Combine analytics-based insights with expertise and experience to connect the end-to-end capabilities needed to drive change.
- Lead epic disruption - Co-create and iterate with colleagues and clients in our Innovation Centres, Labs and Design Studios to reimagine and reshape industries and markets.
- Partner with the biggest clients - Gain unrivalled exposure working with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500 across 40+ industries in 120+ countries.
Accenture Strategy and Consulting UK Banking business shapes the future for banks in highly challenging times, with Covid-19 disruption, regulatory scrutiny, margin pressure and the burden of legacy operating models and technology. At the same time, stakeholders of all types expect new value to be delivered. A ‘decade of action’ lies ahead with the leaders accelerating towards a model which is purpose-driven, operationally innovative and value-generating.
That’s where Accenture Banking comes in. Whether we're helping modernize core banking operations, turn a mobile banking experience into a social one, or reinvent payment and credit models, our banking consulting services empower clients with data-driven insights and the right tools to adopt a mindset fit for today's—and tomorrow’s—digital landscape.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In this you will support one or several of the following areas:
- Project and programme Management: Experience in creating, implementing and operating within appropriate governance framework, working closely with the Accountable Executives and Programme Managers. Ability in shaping, leading and controlling the delivery of complex, high risk and/or cross functional programmes, with pragmatic application of programme management methodologies, use of a clearly defined delivery roadmap and robust financial and risk management.
- Assume accountability for delivery of one or more projects and programs at a client. Mobilise the team, identify appropriate people resources and assign these individuals to projects.
- Engage with and manage senior Client stakeholders (C-Level) in both technology and business space and clearly communicate programme performance.
- Develop and utilize industry knowledge to be able to make implementation-oriented recommendations.
- Develop and manage diverse and dispersed teams through effective leadership and coaching.
- Contribute to developing the Accenture Strategy and Consulting Banking practice and building Accenture’s banking offerings, assets, capabilities, and thought leadership.
We are looking for experience in the following:
- A good broad understanding of Commercial or Retail Banking – including experience in core banking processes and related technologies, mortgages, payments, cards and related regulatory change.
- Strong client-facing experience with the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Experience leading diverse teams in complex strategy and consulting engagements, delivering high-quality output in short timeframes.
- Understanding of emerging technology trends (Big Data, API, AΙ, Microservices, Blockchain, Cloud etc) and impact on both overall enterprise architecture and operating model.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to approach a problem in a structured manner and propose workable solutions.
- Ability to absorb and process information quickly.
- Consulting experience or ability to work in a consulting environment indispensable.
- Your base location will be London, although most of our consultants work on lengthy client engagements within the UK and Ireland. Therefore, you must be willing to work away from home Monday to Friday as required.
- An excellent University Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Set yourself apart:
- A drive for personal development and curiosity to learn new concepts and skills.
- Ability to understand complex issues, quickly absorb information, and work creatively in a problem-solving environment.
- Comfort with the quantitative skills required to develop financial/operational models and supervise data analysis.
- An appreciation of how technology and digital can contribute to solving clients’ complex business problems; comfort operating at the intersection of business and technology,
- Experience working with relevant FinTech providers
- Natural leadership and the ability to quickly build effective teams, establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication.
- Experience with staff development and ability to mentor junior to mid-level practitioners.
- Proven presentation skills, personal impact and charisma to lead meetings, presentations and workshops.
- Confidence to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner with groups ranging from board rooms to business unit leads, and to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value is delivered.
- Some exposure and/or involvement in sales origination, coupled with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Some involvement with the commercial management of consulting engagements.
- Strong project management skills.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a highly competitive salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found