Credit Risk EMEA - Special Credits Group - Associate
The Special Credits Group (SCG) primarily focuses on risk-managing and maximising the recovery of JPM's credit exposure through early intervention in, and financial restructuring of stressed/distressed borrowers. SCG is industry-agnostic and plays a key role in identifying credit issues early, allowing the firm to risk manage deteriorating exposures effectively. SCG is also responsible for management of litigious/settlement situations, longstanding liquidations/wind downs, as well as a portfolio of securities (equity and debt instruments) historically received in exchange for loans through a restructuring process. SCG also advises and assists internal deal teams in structuring of stressed and distressed credit underwritings.
- Support senior credit officers in the management of complex stressed and distressed situations in EMEA and APAC.
- Manage select stressed and distressed credits in the role of primary account officer.
- Review complex legal, financial and jurisdictional issues with an objective of improving credit structures on transactions. Play an integral role in internal credit decision-making.
- Work with other creditors, company management, financial advisors, and outside counsel on generating optimal solutions for repayment of credit exposure while preserving important client relationships.
- Represent JPMorgan in lending syndicates (including steering committees) or in a bilateral capacity; network with the outside restructuring community, i.e. third party lenders/funds, legal and financial advisors.
- Advise and partner with internal deal teams including Corporate/FIG and Real Estate Credit Risk Management, Coverage, Global Corporate Bank, Leveraged Finance, Legal, Markets Trading and Treasury Services.
- Perform ongoing credit monitoring of a portfolio of clients in both EMEA and APAC, incl. but not limited to financial analysis of stressed/distressed counterparties, relative value analysis and trading strategy, and legal documentation analysis; prepare accounting and regulatory reporting.
- Prepare valuations on securities received from previous restructurings and formulate trading and disposition strategies.
- Contribute to the wholesale regulatory, accounting and risk reporting agenda as well as SCG specific activities
- Significant corporate finance, credit and leveraged finance experience, including financial modelling.
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of accountability and ownership of tasks.
- Able to work well under pressure on teams in a demanding environment with good time management.
- Prepared to distill information from a variety of sources into credit recommendations for a senior audience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest and ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrable end-to-end ownership of work/projects.
- Comfortable developing and implementing strategies to address unfamiliar situations.
Experience with some or all of the following is preferable:
- Working with and applying knowledge of a variety of complex products, including Traditional Credit Products, Derivatives, Asset Swaps, Credit Default Hedges, Structured Transactions, Bonds, Loans or Equities.
- Understanding of the legal documentation, accounting and credit practices for each Traditional Credit Products, Derivatives, Asset Swaps, Credit Default Hedges, Structured Transaction, Bonds, Loans and Equities.
- Knowledge of reorganisation/restructuring process.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.