Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior SQL Server /Oracle DBA - Engineer with strong database administration and engineering skills to join a team of other highly skilled data professionals responsible for managing the data estate.
You will be responsible for the day to day support and administration of the full SQL Server and Oracle technology stack including engineering and database related projects. The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure, development, and support teams.
The current environment consists of on premise and cloud deployments (Azure SQL, AWS RDS, Oracle Cloud) as such knowledge and experience of both is highly desirable.
This role also offers the opportunity to work with other database/data platforms like MongoDB and Splunk.
- Administering and managing the Database estate.
- Assist with day to day management of the database architecture covering live and non-live environments.
- Proficient in database performance analysis and tuning.
- Developing 'best practice' standards within the data team and working with development teams to ensure these standards are adhered to.
- Continual learning about latest technologies in the data space.
- Capacity planning of the Database server estate.
- Ensuring high availability of the database Infrastructure to minimise the duration and impact of any outages.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests, and changes.
- Providing database support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
- Maintain database security standards across the database estate.
- Participate in on-call support rota.
Skills & Experience:
- Good communication skills with technology staff and end users.
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server to 2019 and Oracle to 19c.
- Scripting skills in (T-SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell)
- SQL Server Always On/Clustering experience
- Oracle Dataguard experience
- Ability to demonstrate performance diagnosis and tuning techniques including database internals, OS, Storage and Query Processor Fundamentals
- Experience in managing and migrating large volumes of data. Compression, partitioning and ETL
- Experience of data cloud technologies - AWS or Azure including configuration and migration of databases from on premises to cloud.
- Administration of alternative data technologies such as MongoDB and Splunk.
- Experience of Oracle Cloud (OCI)
- Broad technical understanding of Windows, Networks, Storage, VMWare
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Python Scripting
- A desire to learn and understand more about the Business environment in which you work.
- Experience of Azure data services and engineering (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse, Data Bricks etc)
If this sounds like the role you're ready for, we'd love to hear from you!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.