Data Scientist - Manager - UKI Assurance - Forensic Data Analytics - London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) is a global, data-focused team within the Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practices the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries such as Life sciences, Oil & Gas, Government and Telecoms.
Your key responsibilities
- Mentor, develop and lead teams of diverse individuals and varying sizes; ensure that deadlines are met and high-quality outputs are produced
- Communicate with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
- Be responsible for end to end delivery of projects across the full lifecycle - Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large structured and unstructured datasets, from a variety of data sources
- Use a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Explain the outputs of our analytics and create innovative insights for our clients
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external networks
- Support business development activities such as the pursuit of new commercial opportunities or developing materials for client presentations and pitches, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Experience in design and implementation of end-to-end data and analytical solutions
- Experience with stakeholder management and confidence with client interactions
- Ability to manage a team with varying levels of technical knowledge and a variety of skillsets
- Project management skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong leadership skills
- Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
- Previous consulting experience and experience with:
- Project management and related tools such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, DevOps etc.;
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering, etc.);
- Azure cloud computing platform; or,
- Exposure to datasets from accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle / PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, or other similar ERP applications
What we look for
A strong critical thinker, with proven leadership skills, able to problem solve, innovate and lead a varied team of skillsets and technical knowledge.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.