This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
You will be working as part of the Data & Analytics team, building a strong working relationship with the actuaries and underwriters while supporting their data and analytical requirements. Your focus will be on the Delegated Underwriting Authority (DUA) business units who receive much of their data in the form of monthly spreadsheets, some of which are imported into a the Intrali VIPR database but many of which are not. You will support ongoing efforts to improve the processing of this data and supplement it with ad-hoc analysis where necessary. You will need a critical eye and a tenacious approach to weeding out unexpected issues with data.
- Supporting the DUA business unit with regular and ad-hoc analysis.
- Building an understanding of Axis’ data systems and how they tie in with underwriting, claims and financial data.
- Extracting, processing and reconciling data to be used by the actuarial and underwriting teams.
- Responding to ad-hoc data requests originating across the Insurance segment.
- Improving the methods by which the business consumes data, with consistency and efficiency as the underpinning principles.
- Helping the business understand how they can make better use of the data available.
- Keeping track of data issues and providing constructive feedback to BI and IT.
- Diagnosing, fixing and re-writing existing processes.
- Assisting actuaries with development of analytical tools, pricing models and the production of management information.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Top-level MS Excel experience including VBA
- A solid understanding of relational databases, in particular SQL Server
- Insurance experience, especially in the field of DUA Business
- Excellent communication skills
Other Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- MS Access
- SSRS/Power BI/Tableau – experience developing graphical representations of data and deploying to web platforms.
- Lloyd’s Market experience.
- Experience with actuarial techniques.
- Other programming languages.