Data & Index Senior Vice President
Wilshire is an investment adviser registered with the SEC and is looking for a small team to oversee the management of market data and contribute to enhancements of an index platform. As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
The Data/Index team will be responsible for the successful delivery of data needs, financial indices and index related products. The team will work across the data integrity, index research and operational teams. Further, they work closely with internal technology team as well as external technology, including data support suppliers to deliver a comprehensive data sets as well as a set of indices of high quality that underpins benchmarks and index business.
- With an in-depth knowledge of market data sourcing from multiple vendors, the team will plan modelling, manipulation, workflows and consolidation to create a bespoke data warehouse. Such data sets will include (but not exclusively) shares, corporate actions, dividends, prices, histories, industry classifications, company fundamental data sets, bonds T&Cs, credit ratings, etc…
- The team will be responsible for a corporate data warehouse and facilitate the necessary workflows to maintain and manage the data sets, including amendments and continually updated daily functions.
- The team will also need to have an in-depth experience of building financial markets indices and be familiar with conventions and methodologies, different treatment of market data sets within them, the review process and analytics supporting index creation and adoptions.
- The team needs to oversee the delivery of many cloud-based calculations engine using methodologies such as market cap weighted, hedged, non-market cap indices as well as multi-asset index products. Additional functionality such as universe monitoring and management will also be required.
- Multiple output deliveries and distribution methods will be required, including web-based data delivery, index analytical tools and cloud-based services to allow consumption by internal and external clients. The solutions should meet the business needs of different groups within the company and should be aligned with the strategic direction of the company.
- Although the team will work closely with internal technology resources and external outsourced technology and data support companies, they need to have a full understanding and familiarity with technology, choice of databases and programming languages to be able to derive the strategy for data modelling/management needs and the requirements for a comprehensive index platform.
What you’ll do:
- Create a road map for cloud-based data warehouse for market data from various sources, utilizing as much as exiting assets in place.
- Deliver a cloud-based strategic solution for managing market data
- Execution on delivery of a comprehensive cloud-based and scalable index creation and maintenance platform
- Working closely with internal and external technology and data management resources to drive and manage teams to deliver solutions that meet the internal needs of internal users and clients.
- Managing a portfolio of programs to deliver the above
- Accountable for the ‘on time’ and ‘to quality’ delivery of projects
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan
What you have:
- Experience with international data and index businesses
- Detailed knowledge of different data suppliers and their strength and weaknesses
- Ability to develop comprehensive strategies for data warehouse and index platforms
- Direct experience of equity, bond and corporate data sets; from a previous experience on the buy-side, sell side or a major index provider
- Experience working with different technology platforms, including back-end databases and programming language
- Team players that can function across many internal teams and stakeholders
- A client-centric attitude; internally as well as external clients
- Strategic and highly analytical with an aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative solutions
- Resourceful self-starter with a strong sense of business ethics and integrity
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Highly energetic personality, who exudes passion for the firm and its mission
- Bachelor’s degree in science, economics, finance or similar
What you get:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year's)
- 401(k) Match
- Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Paid Disability/Maternity/Paternal Leave, Rideshare incentives
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
- Lifestyle Support: Annual health fair, on-site biometrics screening and flu shots, weekly lunches, snacks, discounted movie tickets/theme park passes
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors, LLC is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 310-584-6011.
Job Type: Full-time