Location: London, UK
Why We Exist and What We Do
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions - from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You
EditShare is seeking a highly talented platform developer eager to work as part of a new and innovative team in our Basingstoke office. In this role you will help us transform towards DevOps – automating everything, measuring everything, developing a culture of collaboration between engineering, QA, support and operations. You will drive adoption of cloud technologies whilst balancing the need to continue to deploy on-prem. Technologies in our products span the entire computing stack, from low-level kernel modules and optimizations, to high-performance distributed storage and network applications, to user-facing cross-platform and web-based client applications. We even run and support our own GNU/Linux distribution!
If you love working on a wide variety of technologies with a small team of motivated engineers, then this may be the job for you.
Problems You’ll Solve
- Within the first 4 weeks,
- onboard and understand the EFSv architecture and tools being used (Ansible, CloudFormation and Terraform) to deploy EFSv to cloud platforms
- understand EditShare’s core components and the bottleneck of OS upgrade process in order to assist Storage and Video teams to migrate the core components to containerised environment
- Within the first 3-6 months,
- work with product teams and architecture team on the requirements and provide recommendations for a containerised common platform that can support platform services and improve the upgrade process on both on-premise and cloud platforms
- participate in the implementation and maintenance of common platform infrastructure
- Within the first 9 months, evaluate and recommend automated OS upgrade process with rollback procedures
- Within the first 12 months, assist product teams and architecture team to evaluate database performance and recommend enhancements with RDS or NoSQL
What We’re Looking For
- Linux—our primary platform, you’ll want to be familiar with Linux at an administrative level
- Knowledge of Ubuntu distributions and Debian packages
- Experience with Docker and containerised environment
- Experience with Python (and Node.js)
- Experience with MySQL (or similar RDB), DynamoDB (or similar NoSQL)
- Experience with Ansible, CloudFormation or Terraform
- Knowledge of analytics/monitoring/metrics solutions using Sensu, ELK, Prometheus, or similar
- Knowledge of AWS or Google cloud
- Knowledge of clustered, multisite software architectures and application load balancers
- Excellent team player with a proven track record of collaboration and working in an agile development environment
How We Work
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions.
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way.
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems.
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.