London, UK / Pardubice, Czech Republic
Who we are
myGP, the second most-downloaded medical app on Google and Apple stores, needs DevOps Engineer to
help us in our journey toward simplifying access to healthcare. We serve millions of patients and
healthcare professionals every day and are passionate about improving patient experience and clinical
outcomes. If you wish to embark on a meaningful and rewarding journey with a digital health company
that’s growing exponentially in the UK, and has its sights set internationally, then we would love to hear
About the role:
As a DevOps Engineer at iPLATO you will be working as part of an Agile team responsible for the ongoing
monitoring, scaling, deployment and health of our production platform.
We are in the early stage of migrating our platform from traditional hosting environment to AWS and you
will be in a pivotal role in ensuring this transition is carried out without incident. You will be expected to
design and develop automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change
management to facilitate this migration.
Reporting to the CTO, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Focus on proactive monitoring and catching issues early
- Learn about new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the
agile development environment
- Work with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best
- Research and architect solutions to solve security and compliance requirements
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
What we are looking for:
- Experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, etc.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies, cloud services and automation tools e.g.
Ansible, Terraform, Packer (including XML and JSON type configurations)
- Solid scripting skills in one or more of: Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PHP
- Strong background in Linux (Centos/Redhat) administration
- Enterprise level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls, BGP)
- Familiarity with large-scale databases and proficiency in MySQL.
- Experience working with containers such as Docker, (deployment aspects)
- Experienced in automated build and deployments using Jenkins / GitLab CI
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experienced with source code control (GitHub or GitLab)
- Good working knowledge of Virtualisation platforms such as VMware
- Line management experience
Above all, we want someone that shares our core principles. These are:
- We are Patient Centred
- We can be Trusted
- We can Deliver Quality
- We are Passionate
- We aim High
What we offer
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- On-site wellbeing programmes and massages
- Free breakfast
- Company-funded bi-monthly social
- An annual individual training budget of up to £1000
- Life insurance
- In-office pool table and conveniently located Hammersmith office
- Company share option scheme (on passing probation)
- Travel loan (on passing probation)
If you are looking to make a difference and help transform the healthcare industry, please forward your
CV and covering letter to [email protected] writing “DevOps Engineer” in the subject field. By applying
to this role you are confirming you have read and agree to our privacy notice which can be found here.
Due to high volumes of applications we are only able to respond to those who have been successful for
interview, if you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application then please presume you
have not been successful this time around.