Director - Client Relationships
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 8,600 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
You will be responsible for coaching, developing and maximizing sales potential for Business Development sellers handling mid-market sales (clients and prospects under 1B USD). This includes helping to close leads generated by the business development team, manage opportunities in coordination with the team they support, and by conducting regular reviews of the Business Development sellers’ funnels. You will provide sales leadership and coaching during the sales process with the Business Development team that results in increased sales, profits and market share for KD Digital.
- You will build relationships with the dedicated group of Small to Mid-Market Business Development sellers assigned (on average, partnering with 6-10 SMBs).
- You will ensure the leads developed by Marketing are routed to the recommended Business Development sellers.
- You will collaborate on activities from qualification through to closing of an opportunity, whether originating as a lead from Marketing, or an opportunity brought forward by the Business Development sellers.
- You will demonstrate expertise in all product offerings, marketing messages, and customer facing assets in order to effectively build and present solutions and create the business case to help win new business opportunities.
- You will develop and coach the Business Development sellers on specific opportunities during the sales process to increase sales and achieve target metrics.
- You will serve as an exceptional player/coach and coordinate the team’s daily activities; conduct all current/future hiring, onboarding, training, and development
- You will manage leads and opportunities directly if, for any reason, the Business Development sellers needs to be removed from the sales process.
- In conjunction with the Business Development sellers, you will identify and understand customers’ decision-making processes, goals, objectives, strategies, competitive situations, buyers and influences to build direct relationships.
- You will conduct bi-monthly funnel reviews with the Business Development sellers to ensure accounts on their list are actively being managed and progressed through the sales process.
- You will make recommendations during funnel reviews on tools and assets the Business Development sellers could leverage to help create opportunities on their assigned accounts.
- You will coordinate with Account Clearance team to help remove Accounts that are inactive.
- You will gain knowledge of sales training and consulting business through annual reports, vertical markets, competitor offerings, and business journals in order to develop a detailed understanding of sales effectiveness issues in business.
- You will handle escalated calls and situations and conduct strategic senior level executive calls.
- You will articulate and execute upon the regional growth plan through accurate forecasting, visibility to top 10 deals within the dedicated group, execution of the growth plan detail around new business and existing client growth, as well as the conversion, penetration, and retention plans consistent with company strategy.
- You will manage and achieve Business Metrics, such as the reduction of sales cycle length, new Business Development seller ramp up time and growth in average engagement size as well as increasing sales across the product offerings.
Skills & Experience
- You have minimum 7 years corporate sales strategy and/or business development experience including 5+ years of sales management experience (preferably in B2B sector).
- You have strong leadership and managerial skills that reflect a philosophy of “lead by example.”
- You have the ability to coach, mentor, lead and motivate others to meet high performance standards and expectations.
- You demonstrate the ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- You have a strong understanding of business models in determining and delivering results with high impact to revenue and income goals; ability to identify and analyze market opportunities and develop appropriate business plans to address achieving goals.
- You demonstrate the ability to develop and implement process enhancements including technology and performance.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster and promote open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.