Web and Application team manager - 3941
a month ago
We’re looking for an experienced web developer to lead our Web and Applications team. You are passionate about designing beautiful and engaging online experiences to support our communications and marketing efforts. You will be responsible for providing technical direction and leadership to a team of developers. You will utilize exceptional leadership skills and technical acumen to enhance all aspects of solution development and delivery at ION. You will be expected to be capable of working in and across multiple technologies within the web development eco system. You’ll be asked to drive the strategy and process we use to design, build, and maintain the infrastructure we use to create powerful narrative journeys that demonstrate the benefits of our products and services to the people visiting our websites.
Be ready to work closely with a tight-knit team of talented content creators to develop a wide range of online resources that help us build meaningful, long-term relationships with our colleagues and our client communities.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of our digital roadmap.
- Provide leadership in the design, development and testing of web applications and features.
- Provide leadership in progressing projects through the web development lifecycle.
- Mentoring the team and building an environment where they can grow.
- Assisting the development team with complex problems.
- Performing code reviews.
- Participate in requirements gathering, application design, planning and review.
- Participate in the front end and back end development process utilizing a variety of technologies.
- Collaborate with ION CMOs and various groups as a team to maintain an evolving roadmap for their sections on the website or legacy websites.
- Work with the ION Communications Agency, product teams, and other subject matter experts to create compelling online experiences that support important projects.
- Use data and research to identify successful user engagement strategies and map out new ways to enhance our brand and amplify our messaging.
- Perform back and front-end development to support our global web initiatives.
- Manage a WordPress environment with multiple installations across development, staging, and production.
- Help design, build, and manage our WordPress themes and plug-ins.
- Perform quality and version control of our corporate development, staging, production, and associated microsites.
- Manage schedules and notifications for all site pushes.
- Analyze disparate websites to plan and manage data migration and site redirects.
- Manage large-scale data migration and site consolidation projects.
- Manage all technical aspects of the CMS to ensure high performance and availability.
- Support development of internal microsites as needed.
- Further develop your web development skills, both independently and through our internal continuing education offerings.
- Work to master all the latest trends in web development so that we can continue moving the needle for designing online customer journeys in our industry and beyond.
We might ask you to perform other tasks and duties as your role expands.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
- Ability to lead a team of people.
- Ability to teach experienced developers different methodologies.
- Ability to mentor junior developers.
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and orally with upper management, developers, project managers, and other parts of the business.
- Ability to participate in the shaping of the team’s focus and vision.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects at once and prioritize team resources..
- Advanced knowledge of PHP back-end development.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS. Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure a consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Experience designing and building responsive user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Comfortable using debugging tools such as Firebug, Chrome inspector, and so on.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Proficient with code versioning tools.
- Ability to work both individually and in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the financial industry or financial technology.
- Understanding of concepts behind branding and data-driven content.