Director – Nuclear and Infrastructure
Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
Capgemini Invent has won major contracts in the nuclear and infrastructure space and sees this is a strategic growth area as we support the transition to net zero. We are growing this business through investments in people, methods and in building a dedicated nuclear and capital delivery centre of excellence.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page.
An overview of the role:
As part of this growth agenda, we are seeking an experienced Director level consultant to join our team of highly talented consultants, working on the pursuit and delivery of nuclear and infrastructure consulting services, providing subject matter insight and expertise, whilst developing our people and capability. You can help shape and develop a rapidly growing sector and team.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And you will work on some of our clients most important challenges.
Why this role?
This is an exciting role that will enable client, team and organisational leadership to drive the growth of this sector. Key responsibilities include:
- To help build the Capgemini Invent nuclear and infrastructure sector
- To develop deep trust-based relationships with clients in a sell-deliver-sell-on model (i.e. this leader both sells and delivers work, and repeats this)
- To work with the EUC leadership team to build the team that will service our clients
- To develop methods and assets, in conjunction with our Global network, in support of our Nuclear and infrastructure team
- To bring the power of the global Capgemini organisation to drive improved account delivery and client success
- The success of this role is measured in terms of sales booked and revenue delivered, whilst hitting KPIs such as contribution margin.
You will be someone who is excited by working on challenging projects and building a team and business that will grow together. You will be someone that:
- Has previous experience in Nuclear, Infrastructure, Engineering and Capital Project Delivery
- A strong understanding of what drives project and operational performance and experience in deploying scalable business and technology solutions
- Builds enduring relationships, at all levels of an organisation based on high integrity and high trust
- Has the ability to ‘collaboratively create commercial solutions’- taking a client issue, and working with the client and Capgemini to create a solution that the client can approve
- Creates a compelling vision for this business that will inspire others, both to join the team, but also to gain the trust and backing of the wider Capgemini team
- Is comfortable in constructing and agreeing consulting contracts with values of £500k – £5m
- Developing and leading a team of 5-25 people
- Is commercially astute, understands commercial risk and vigilant on managing this risk
- Has a high quality bar, with a Delivery Excellence mind-set
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating c.£2m of consulting revenues.
We are a rapidly growing team that blends consulting, innovation, technology and engineering capabilities to help our clients and make the transition to the future intelligent industry business models.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.